Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

car wont start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

car wont start

hey guys i come to you agian with help. my car wont start. when i turn on the keys, the battery light comes on. i thought that it was my battery so i went to get it tested and it was good. there are no idiot lights on when im driving though. but when i turn my lights on they dont come on and when i jump my car and drive it the cd player cuts off and on sometimes. so what could it be and bad starter or alternator. thanks. plz repley soon i gotta go to work tommorow and i need to fix my car tonight.

more likely the alternator then the starter
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=104311]
    my members page
    my myspace
    my car domain

Comment

did u work on it prior to this happening, maybe u forgot to connect somthing....is your ground grounding good enough???? U do have a ground running from chassis to motor, right?

Comment

It sounds like a ground issue. What I would do first would to check the Ground and Positive on your battery terminals. Then if those are good and tight, check the leads off of the Neg. side. Make sure your bettery Neg. is hooked up to the fender right beside the battery and to the motor itself. If those are all good then you could always take the alternator off and take it up to Autozone or perhaps Advance Auto and get it checked out.
        Been a long time. Still alive...

Comment

an easy way to check the alternator is jump start the car then disconnect the battery, if the car turns off then the alt isn't working right.

Comment

autozone is stupid. i went there to check my battery out and it said it was good but i had a bad battery. thanks for the imput, so next time this happens ill remember this trick. thanks

Comment

yeah same thing happened to me...
              Upgrade your mind before you upgrade your car

"So. Cal OUTLAWZ "

Comment

If its not cranking or anything check your t-stat ground. That could cause a no start/crank condition if its not hooked up.

The New-ish Ride
                My old Ride
                Hear my Vtak!!!
                MK3 Member #3
                I piss off people for fun.
                IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Working...
                X