Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

turbo charged h22 engines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

turbo charged h22 engines

jus wondering if any of you guyz hav a turbocharged h22 engine on your cb7s and if you do how much horses does it put out and how much did it cost you guyz

I forgot his sn at this moment but theres a silver cb pushin around 400 at the wheels but he has a lot of work done to his shit. But normally you should see around 270-300 with 8psi and good tune.

The New-ish Ride
    My old Ride
    Hear my Vtak!!!
    MK3 Member #3
    I piss off people for fun.
    IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

what if you put a turbo kit on a stock h22a.....tuned good.....maybe 6-8 psi....would you all recommend for daily driving??....what are the pro's and con's
      Last edited by nightrider93ex; 09-01-2006, 04:05 PM.
      cb7 A NEW ERA

Comment

its takes alot of money to turbo charge a H22a because of high compression i think you first have to change the cylinders so you can lower the compression and some other stuff i think if you want to go turbo then your better off with a DOHC F22 or H23a1 DOHC non vtec

CLICK ON SIG FOR MEMBERS RIDE
        "2SIIC"
        Authentic Jerseys for sale
        http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=188314

Comment

yeea...problem is i already have an h22a in my eg hatch ....i wanna turbo it...but yea i have read about building the bottom end but cash is low right now......i talked to somegood tuners in San Antonio Texas and told me that i could run the h22a on stock internals turbo'd.......but just has to be tuned GREAT
          cb7 A NEW ERA

Comment

Originally posted by nightrider93ex
            yeea...problem is i already have an h22a in my eg hatch ....i wanna turbo it...but yea i have read about building the bottom end but cash is low right now......i talked to somegood tuners in San Antonio Texas and told me that i could run the h22a on stock internals turbo'd.......but just has to be tuned GREAT
            hmm so cash is low ehhh If I where you i wouldnt do it at all. If your gonna do it do it right out the first time good tuning or not build it or you can only blame yourself later when your ringlands go or you get rodknock a week later with the h22 motor. If i where you id just juice it wetshot 75 kit youll be invincible so to speak lol

Comment

yea but i think i might just go turbo.....building the bottom end......what is it that i have to do....just resleeve it??? or what for a turbo's h22
              cb7 A NEW ERA

Comment

yea why dont you just go all motor with your hatch???? its already light weight if not do what h22sparkle said juice it up if you do end up going turbo with the h22 your going to have to do alot of searching and homework so you can get it right

CLICK ON SIG FOR MEMBERS RIDE
                "2SIIC"
                Authentic Jerseys for sale
                http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=188314

Comment

you can boost an otherwise stock h22a and if you make sure the fuel map is perfect, you should be fine.....one guy on SHO lasted 170,000 with a daily driven boosted h22a lude
                  ....and on the 7th day, deevergote rested and called his mom.

Comment

yea i have read about them lasting stock turbo'd...but id rather be safe than sorry.....yea my hatch is weighing in at 2000 lbs......its quick and all....but a turbo'd h22 hatch would just be a beast!.....but yea research is always good and i guess i got all year to save up lol
                    cb7 A NEW ERA

Comment

i think his sn accordSIR or something like that.

i think this is him

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=accordsir
                      1993 Accord LX - Sold
                      93 BMW 525it - SOLD
                      92 Accord EX Sedan - SOLD
                      2000 Accord Coupe - Traded-In
                      2003 Accord V6 6spd Coupe - Sold
                      2001 Honda Civic Ex - SOLD
                      2013 Chevy Traverse LTZ - Kid hauler
                      2003 Acura Tl 3.2 - Daily Commuter

Comment

Originally posted by nightrider93ex
                        yea i have read about them lasting stock turbo'd...but id rather be safe than sorry.....yea my hatch is weighing in at 2000 lbs......its quick and all....but a turbo'd h22 hatch would just be a beast!.....but yea research is always good and i guess i got all year to save up lol

being truly "safe rather than sorry" is gonna cost you another $5000-7000 unless you do that half-way, and then, you're not really being safe rather than sorry

regardless of what you do, the trick is having it tuned correctly because if you spend $1000000000000000 on shit and don't tune it correctly, then you're back at square one but just ^^^^ that much money in the hole

if you tune it well, you'll be fine regardless of whether it can hold 30psi or not

and if you think putting down over 200hp to the wheels in a street civic is easy, you'll come to find out that it's not very soon.....

my friend's boosted b18b hatch put down around 270whp and it ran a mid 12, which is nice, but you can do that with 200whp.....he pretty much wasted the rest of his power because it was so hard to make it both streetable and capable of big time traction........he eventually had to get tires/wheels just for racing and then had to suffer a harsher ride due to tightening up the chassis, setting the suspension up for racing, etc......that was more expensive than getting 270whp...........

you could do some shit to the h22a and be as fast as you'd be if it were boosted (in the 1/4 anyway).......traction really is an issue though.......

i'd just build the head, put cams in it and the rest of the common mods and put down 200-210whp, then i'd spend the rest on traction........you could run with your average z06 and still get over 25mpg.......nothing bad about that at all
                        ....and on the 7th day, deevergote rested and called his mom.

Comment

Originally posted by ruff_ryder
                          jus wondering if any of you guyz hav a turbocharged h22 engine on your cb7s and if you do how much horses does it put out and how much did it cost you guyz

I will know the hp in the very near future but my hope is atleast 600hp on race fuel. If I had to do it all over again it would cost me much less. I would recommend speaking with as many turbo guys as possible and determine the desired performance you expect from your turbo project and the most cost effective way to obtain your goal with a good quality build.
                          600HP" 1990 ACCORD LX COUPE COMING SOON

CLICK HERE TO VIEW MY 1990 CB7

Comment

you might get more/better answers in the prelude forums

Comment

I was thinking about doing the same thing with my Accord, Either doing the H22 Head with a F22b Bottom end, or turboing the stock H22 because money is tight since the motor i bought HAD A CRACK IN THE BLOCK!!! i got mega screwed. ALso I dont know if I will since the H22's are aluminum and the one i got was crack.......(had to by a whole new H22)
                              H22a they always smile before Vtec....

VIDEO WATCH ME!!!!
                              My Members Ride Check It Out

Comment

Working...
                              X