Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Oxygen Sensor (Removal + Install Ment)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oxygen Sensor (Removal + Install Ment)

What up, my accord 91 ex. Has the check engine light on. They told me that its because the Oxygen Sensor.They tested it out, they jumped the cable w/Blue plug under the pass side. So i found a Sensor at AutoZone (64.00) (BOSCH). So i wanted to know can i remove the o2 sensor , and Install the new one. LIKE IS IT THAT EASY, OR No. I know the sensor is on the drivers side, under the hood, rear area of the engine, next to exhaust Manifold. CAN THIS BE DONE THAT EASY. Also like how do i know for sure this will take the engine light off. But regardless, i'm gonna change it , because it needs to be changed , gas saver, better performance for my motor.

P.s. Just incase i have to go to HONDA, To see if they tell me whats the reason for the check engine light. Bout how much do you think they'll charge me. THANKS
    91 Accord EX (Fresh Look STOCK)
    BIG PLANS on THIS!!!!

9-12-05 - On

get the OEM sensor....bosch is crap.

it's easy to do, just don't damage the pigtail and becareful with the tip of the sensor. later.
    Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

OEM FTW. No one knows better than OEM =D.

The New-ish Ride
      My old Ride
      Hear my Vtak!!!
      MK3 Member #3
      I piss off people for fun.
      IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

where do i get the OEM oxygen sensor. Also bout how much is it
        91 Accord EX (Fresh Look STOCK)
        BIG PLANS on THIS!!!!

9-12-05 - On

Comment

The Honda Dealer around 130 i think.

The New-ish Ride
          My old Ride
          Hear my Vtak!!!
          MK3 Member #3
          I piss off people for fun.
          IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

order online or dealer.
            $100-$120 Denso(OEM)

...adjust accordingly

Comment

I hear the same about bosch o2 sensors. as for getting the old one out lube it up. i have always cut the wires near the sensor so you can get a box-end wrench on it and give it a smack instead of slowing turning it out.

jdmCITY.com

Comment

You can always buy a special O2 sensor socket at your favorite local autoparts store.

I've done a couple O2 sensors on several different cars, and it is totally worth doing yourself - no point in paying anyone to do it. The sensor socket is cheap enough, and just about every single 02 sensor out there is the same size - kinda like a spark plug socket - one socket works for everything(just about).

Use a little penetrating oil (like PB blaster) on the old O2 sensor, tap the sensor, maybe wiggle it a bit with the special socket, wait like 15 to 20 minutes, then try to take it off, it should come right off.

When you put the new 02 sensor in, don't forget to use anti-seize on the threads. But don't put anti-seize on the sensor itself. Also, don't get anything on the new o2 sensor - that would be.. bad, m'kay.

You do have anti-seize compuond, right?

Having the O2 sensor socket makes it *much* easier.

Oh, and use the OEM sensor - the 4 wire heated thing. It will save you headache if you do it correctly the first time.

Good Luck!

Comment

i was going to go after work and pick up a Bosch Oxygen Sensor, i am curious what is wrong with them, arent they labeled on there box OEM replacement, thats what the fellow at Napa told me. ???? can someone tell me whats wrong with these puppies?

Comment

i got a Denso replacement from eBay for $35 shipped, brand new. Just shop around. Um... and if you don't know how to change an O2 sensor just break out some tools and start learning, nobody here knew how to work on cars either until we just got dirty and did the work.
                    I read somewhere that marijuana effects the memory. For some reason I can't seem remember where I read that. -- max sideburn(aka torqstr)

"Those who would sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither." - Benjamin Franklin

CB7: The Movie TEASER VIDEO

Comment

Originally posted by moebius
                      You can always buy a special O2 sensor socket at your favorite local autoparts store.

I've done a couple O2 sensors on several different cars, and it is totally worth doing yourself - no point in paying anyone to do it. The sensor socket is cheap enough, and just about every single 02 sensor out there is the same size - kinda like a spark plug socket - one socket works for everything(just about).

Use a little penetrating oil (like PB blaster) on the old O2 sensor, tap the sensor, maybe wiggle it a bit with the special socket, wait like 15 to 20 minutes, then try to take it off, it should come right off.

When you put the new 02 sensor in, don't forget to use anti-seize on the threads. But don't put anti-seize on the sensor itself. Also, don't get anything on the new o2 sensor - that would be.. bad, m'kay.

You do have anti-seize compuond, right?

Having the O2 sensor socket makes it *much* easier.

Oh, and use the OEM sensor - the 4 wire heated thing. It will save you headache if you do it correctly the first time.

Good Luck!

^^^ and just a little advise, do it when the exhaust and the motor is cold, it will go a lot better cuz u wont burn the crap outa ur hands, but u might have to use a torch to heat up around and on the sensor if its really rusty. good luck

Comment

Originally posted by Torqstr
                        i got a Denso replacement from eBay for $35 shipped, brand new. Just shop around. Um... and if you don't know how to change an O2 sensor just break out some tools and start learning, nobody here knew how to work on cars either until we just got dirty and did the work.
                        \true that
                        Yeah, Preludes

Originally posted by deevergote.
                        Why can't people just search OT to see if someone else posted the same random thread?

Comment

the NGK sensors are good too... i had one for 6 months now and no problems.
                          You have been defeated by a car with child locks, how embarassing...

"I noticed my f22 felt "healthier" until it blew up." <Myk>

Comment

u could also go with a stock one, honda knows what they're doin when they disign the car and motor

Comment

is there anyway that you can get the Oxygen sensor OEM for more cheaper :S

Comment

Working...
                              X