Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

wich is heavier 92 accord dx 4 door with h22 or 96-98 prelude vtec

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wich is heavier 92 accord dx 4 door with h22 or 96-98 prelude vtec

just like the titike says, I was just curious about the weight differences. ps. just wondering, why are accords also called cb7 etc. or cd?

the cb cd is the chassis code you can find it in your vin number. and there is a difference between a 96 and a 97-98 lude.
    Last edited by dbsharp; 08-15-2006, 02:15 AM.
    spin city

Comment

Care of www.edmunds.com

1992 Honda Accord DX Sedan - Curb Weight - 2733 lbs

1996 Honda Prelude VTEC (92-96 Bodystyle) - Curb Weight - 2932 lbs

1998 Honda Prelude Base (97-01 Bodystyle) - Curb Weight - 2954 lbs

1998 Honda Prelude SH (97-01 Bodystyle) - Curb Weight - 3042 lbs

The 1998 Prelude Base was a 15.1 1/4 mile car based on an old issue of Car and Driver I have. They also generally get the best numbers out of their cars of any automotive magazine.

Comment

So......now just subtract f22 weight from total cb7 weight, then add h22 weight...? Sounds good to me

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
        Originally posted by Jarrett
        Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

so since the accord dx is about 200 lbs lighter it should be quicker than the base prelude at about 15.1 1/4. and I also took of the p/s components and spare tire so that probably nocked of 100 lbs. no wonder I came head to head with a type R intergra. sweet! you guys hav been alot of help thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by aznpnoyracer
            so since the accord dx is about 200 lbs lighter it should be quicker than the base prelude at about 15.1 1/4. and I also took of the p/s components and spare tire so that probably nocked of 100 lbs. no wonder I came head to head with a type R intergra. sweet! you guys hav been alot of help thanks.
            are sure it was typeR? or was it gsr with type R badges? i have a hard time beleiving a non p/s h22 accord kept up with a b18c5.

(especially because i have that car.)

and the car's should match up fairly well. 5th gen preludes have fat asses and 4th gen prelude's are about equal to accord's.

Comment

haha,funny yes it was a type R, I hang out with the guy so I know what he has. one thing is for sure, I'm not a rookie when it comes to launching and shifting a car, I'm a 9 yrs. veteran of street racing so I know how to push a car to its full driving potential.

Comment

i wasn't bashing you, a lot of people make the mistake. you put a type R wing on and badges on a GSR that's white, red, or yellow and BOOM! type R replica. i know how to drive my car and i only put a car on integra SE's is why i have a hard time beleiving you.

Comment

i heard that u only gain .10sec/100lbs, not 100% sure thats correct, has anyone else heard of that?

Comment

... or -.10 for every .01 shaved off your 60' times I believe.

- Zipcreature
                    Awesome!

CB7. F22A. 5spd. CB7. Exedy. Chromoly. AEM. DCSports. Apexi. Progress Group. AGX. Suspension Techniques. Viberant. Goodridge. Facebook

Comment

Working...
                    X