Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Passenger CV axle, doing something wrong?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Passenger CV axle, doing something wrong?

Um.....the driver side took me twenty minutes, but for some reason I tried twice today and CANNOT get that fucking passenger side axle to slide all of the way into the transmission.
    I read somewhere that marijuana effects the memory. For some reason I can't seem remember where I read that. -- max sideburn(aka torqstr)

"Those who would sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither." - Benjamin Franklin

CB7: The Movie TEASER VIDEO

just line up the notches and give it a good push... i've always had them just click right in for me...

Comment

yeah mine where stubborn but the straighter the angle the axle is when u shove it in helps out. but yeah a good push and it should click n place, good luk
      Ohio CB7's Midwest CB7's Ohioaccords.com
      "tellin you dude nacho dick cheese is on the rise! soon it'll be next to spam on shelves!"

92 lx sedan- JY heaven
      93 Ex still getn stuff in an out
      02 Avalanche

Comment

well i tried for an hour... no amount of froce i could put against it (without destroying the boots) would budge it.
        I read somewhere that marijuana effects the memory. For some reason I can't seem remember where I read that. -- max sideburn(aka torqstr)

"Those who would sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither." - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Ohh my i went through this a couple of weeks ago so hear you go look at the spline and make shure the one you are puting in is half spline and not a full spline one shaft is only splind half way down the shaft that is the passenger side and one spline is splined all the way down the shaft that is the drivers side the passenger side will fit on the drivers side so go check and what ever you do DO NOT HIT IT WITH A BALLPINE HAMMER YOU WILL SCREW UP THE THREADS good luck
          i would rather be dead and cool then alive and uncool.

Comment

so the passenger side halfshaft should only be splined about halfway on the side near the transmission?

Comment

push the axel in as far as u can, grab the middle of the axel and make sure its straight and then pull the axel out a little and then push super hard, it should go in when u do that. and my teacher at the tech. worked for honda for over 30 years and thats what he did on a honda in class so i know its fine to do that. good luck

Comment

ok.......I tried pushing, pulling, even getting another axle......IT STILL WILL NOT SLIDE IN! The old one came out fine, and I know for sure I have the right part. I measured the depth of the hole in the transmission and I get about 3 inches before I hit some inside. When I slide the axle in I seem to only be getting about 2 inches of it into the hole before it just won't go any further. I even tried lining it up as carefully as possible and than wailing on it with a sledgehammer (yes I know that's a bad idea but I'm desperate and it's hot a fuck outside right now).

So what in the hell am i doing wrong? Is the tranmission supposed to be in a specific gear or something? I mean I've even tried some axle grease to lubricate everything.....still no luck.

Here's a picture to try to illustrate how far it will go in. Please help me, I'm out of ideas and I NEED MY CAR.

Comment

i just changed my boots like last week all you have to do it line it up and give it a huge push and it should go strait in, just make sure its all the way in before you drive it

are the new ones from honda? because that is the only thing that i could think of why it wouldnt go in

Comment

used crappy autozone part on the driver side, worked fine, but the passenger side just wouldn't take the autozone part. I finally went to O'Reilly and got an A1 Cardone part and it worked fine Autozone can kiss my ass

Comment

Working...
                    X