Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Air Intake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Air Intake

I read some where that you can buy a cheap intake and change the filter and will be good as anyone...and if i do do that will it make that sucking noise to?
    Cali.Dumps.Harder.

The cheap generic intakes on ebay are pretty much the same as any "performance" name brand intake. I wouldn't expect to see any difference of 1-2hp between them all. Most any aftermarket intake will make that sucking sound.

The Cold air ones make a little more horsepower.

Comment

yea, or you could even disconnect the stock air box and clamp on a cone filter.

Comment

i found a cheap kit i want but i don kno the out let.... is there a certain like original size or there different?
        Cali.Dumps.Harder.

Comment

Originally posted by Cb7shot
          i found a cheap kit i want but i don kno the out let.... is there a certain like original size or there different?

it doesnt matter what brand pipe u use, piping is piping, but i would spend the money and get a decent filter especially if u drive around dusty areas

Comment

thank you guys very much
            Cali.Dumps.Harder.

Comment

P.S. it's the motor that makes that sucking noise. later.
              Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

So I'm assuming any ebay intake would clear ABS-equipped model CB7's right?

Comment

i love that sucking sound

when switching gears it sound like you have a turbo

Comment

i want mine to make a sucking sound but i have a 2 peice. how can i make the sucking sound cause mine dont do that. is there something i can adjust or what.

Comment

i jus got mine my friend had one outta his prelude and i jus cut a lil off and it fits perfect its super deed ill get a vid soon...
                      Cali.Dumps.Harder.

Comment

Like bout for how much can i buy a cheap intake for. Anybody got any links to something. Good Looks
                        91 Accord EX (Fresh Look STOCK)
                        BIG PLANS on THIS!!!!

9-12-05 - On

Comment

mayb like $30

heres what mine sounds like i had all the windows up
                          http://www.myfilehut.com/userfiles/46853/0814061547.3g2
                          Cali.Dumps.Harder.

Comment

pretty much any intake is gonna be the same. like others said, get a good filter. ebay is a good place for cheap intakes, cold air is better in my opinion, looks cleaner also. if you live in california and dont got a smog hookup id recommend somethin with a carb sticker. i have aem, i think the brand name ones look better when you open your hood.

Member Ride Facebook
                            XBOX LIVE = RedDragonsFool
                            SOLD MY CB JUNE 16, 2009
                            For Sale Thread

Comment

like already stated you can pick up a cheap intake off of ebay for anywhere between $20-$45...IMO its better to get the 2-piece intakes so you can have both a CAI and a SR and just adjust to your situation, area etc..just make sure you dont cheap out on the filter..the filter it brings should be fine for a bit while you get yourself a better one

Click ^^^ for MR Thread
                              Originally posted by steelbluesleepR
                              by the way, arguing on the net is like womens basketball, even if you win, no one cares.

Comment

Working...
                              X