Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Buying a ground kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buying a ground kit

Is there any difference in what to get??

Here's a $35 Blue Earth Ground system

Here's a $40 HKS Ground system

Here's $30 Auto Kraz

Originally posted by deevergote
    I'd eat a baby for free. I'm hungry, dammit!

i think a lot of those wire kits from ebay are nothing more than power wire.

there are some that claim to be more that just power wire, by saying that their wire is made from a higher percentage of copper, alowwing for better conductivity.

some people say they are a waste of money.

some say there is much room from improvement over the factory grounds and their locations.

i personally think that they do something. (less resistance). there are dyno tests to prove it.

if i were going to buy one, i wouldn't get them from ebay. check out the ones from sunauto. they seem to be higher quality. later.
    Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

sunauto?? what's that? Put it this way, my grounds look pathetic, lemme find a good pic.

Here's one, you can sorta see. Put it this way, the blue is the wire, not wire cover, lol.

But basically I'm asking, should I buy these or not or can I get better pair cheaper local?
      Last edited by Fr0z3N; 08-10-2006, 07:58 PM.

Comment

where are those prices from?

Comment

ebay.

Comment

i t hink thewy look *** and also they are bulky....all you need is like 20 feet or more of 4 guage power wire, a few crimp terminals...loom and some tape and then hook it up to various areas in the car, like alternator to chassis, battery to chassis, head to chassis, etc.

the first one and the second one can only utilize ground in one spot making it not easy to ground some things, while if you make your own you can cut maybe a foot or 2 and ground the component to the chassis instead of one point.

all you ha ve to remember is to clean the surface, make sure its secure, and then make sure u put some dielectric grease or something to prevent rust.
            What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

Originally posted by accordztech
              i t hink thewy look *** and also they are bulky....all you need is like 20 feet or more of 4 guage power wire, a few crimp terminals...loom and some tape and then hook it up to various areas in the car, like alternator to chassis, battery to chassis, head to chassis, etc.

the first one and the second one can only utilize ground in one spot making it not easy to ground some things, while if you make your own you can cut maybe a foot or 2 and ground the component to the chassis instead of one point.

all you ha ve to remember is to clean the surface, make sure its secure, and then make sure u put some dielectric grease or something to prevent rust.
              Sorry I'm not trying to ghetto rig my grounds.

Comment

Originally posted by Fr0z3N
                Here's one, you can sorta see. Put it this way, the blue is the wire, not wire cover, lol.

But basically I'm asking, should I buy these or not or can I get better pair cheaper local?
                A stock replacement ground wire is about $10 at your local jobber. Mine helped my cranking speed, and I also added a braided ground strap to replace the short battery-to-body wire.
                Cost me $15 total, works fine.

Since a stock piece is corroded, (shocking, I know, after only 15 years!) why not start by replacing it?
                2003 Maxima SE Titanium Edition
                Polished Titanium ext, heated black leather int, heated leather steering wheel, HIDs, 255bhp, 6 speed, 15% tint.
                1993 Suzuki GSX1100F 136bhp

Comment

yeah man i thinking about getting that sunauto ground thing the blue one.
                  hyper whatever. the got proven dyno results of 5 hp like to 15 hp.

edit : oh my bad i'm thinking of a voltage system ,but ground looks good too.

here the site SUN AUTO CLICK HERE
                  Last edited by smokeeey420; 08-10-2006, 09:30 PM.
                  FS: DSM turbo parts,OEM parts, and more.....
                  My Members Ride Thread - R.i.P

Comment

Originally posted by SteveB
                    A stock replacement ground wire is about $10 at your local jobber. Mine helped my cranking speed, and I also added a braided ground strap to replace the short battery-to-body wire.
                    Cost me $15 total, works fine.

Since a stock piece is corroded, (shocking, I know, after only 15 years!) why not start by replacing it?
                    Is that not what I am doing? Trying to replace/upgrade my grounds hoping to even get some good looks out of them? Shit someone must have missed what this topic was about, was it me or you?

Originally posted by smokeeey420
                    yeah man i thinking about getting that sunauto ground thing the blue one.
                    hyper whatever. the got proven dyno results of 5 hp like to 15 hp.

edit : oh my bad i'm thinking of a voltage system ,but ground looks good too.

here the site SUN AUTO CLICK HERE

Thanks man.

Comment

Originally posted by Fr0z3N
                      Sorry I'm not trying to ghetto rig my grounds.
                      how is that ghetto rig? just because the grounds wont be all pretty and colorful?

his method works just fine and costs a lot less.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Originally posted by d112crzy
                        how is that ghetto rig? just because the grounds wont be all pretty and colorful?

his method works just fine and costs a lot less.
                        I don't mean it in a bad way, I just mean I am bad at crimping and it's a lot more work then I feel like putting into my grounds.

I looked at Sun Auto parts, a lot more then I was ready to pay for ground wires.

Comment

you're bad at crimping? how hard is it to squeeze some crimping pliers?

Comment

Originally posted by d112crzy
                            you're bad at crimping? how hard is it to squeeze some crimping pliers?
                            Easier said then done.

Comment

not really. i did mine just a few days ago.

Comment

Working...
                              X