Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

need more drop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

need more drop

I'm actually on tein S.tech's and tokico hp's, but I think the car isn't low enough. What do you think would be the less expensive way to drop it?
    I tought about changing the s.tech's for some cheap ebay coilovers ( that drop 1 to 4 inches) but I think i'll be dissapointed after having teins that offers a very smooth ride. My second option is buying sprint extreme's but I don't know if it would be a good combination with tokico HPs, I think they're not made for such a drop ( 3" )

I don't have much money, and that's the point....I don't want to change the whole kit

any suggestions ?
    thanks

* notice the unacceptable fender gap
    Last edited by 418_CB7; 08-08-2006, 11:51 AM. Reason: added pic

my sedan

DO NOT use eBay coilovers, that'd be a huge mistake.

H&R or Neuspeed drop springs maybe? If you can't afford to do it right now, just wait 'til you can afford to do it right.
    1992 Accord LX - SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by maroonaccord2.2
      If you can't afford to do it right now, just wait 'til you can afford to do it right.
      I like that!

I dont feel at all the ebay coilovers, but I saw cb7 owners here with some real nice looking drops. But what I tought is that they won't offer a ride as nice as the s.tech's, do they? probably not but......

my sedan

Comment

You can actually maintain if not improve your ride with a better pair of shocks but I am not sure if that will play into your current budget. There are shocks out there that have height adjustment as well which may also assist in further lowering your car.
        "This is a jaded bunch. To gain notice, you have to challenge conventional wisdom, test assumptions, and ignore the naysayers."

FS Part out thread koni/skunk2 suspension, jdm pole, HID retrofit, Tanabe exhaust
        http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...10#post2119010

Comment

Yep I tought about that too,
          but even if I get adjustable shocks, will the springs ( that offer a 2.2" & 1.9" drop) be able to lower more ?

thanks for the help

my sedan

Comment

anybody with tein s.tech's and adjustable shocks ?
            or anybody with tokico HP and 3" or more drop ??

my sedan

Comment

Tokico HP MIGHT be able to handle a lower drop. I have a friend that's been dropped about 3" on KYB GR2s for years, and they're comparable shocks.

Perhaps you could sell your current setup for $300 or so, then spend $700 on some Tein Basic coilovers. Not cheap, but it would be a good option.

Comment

thanks dude, I'll try to find somebody here who got it (the tein kit) to see what the drop looks like

thanks!its a pretty good idea

my sedan

Comment

It's a coilover kit. Adjustible height.

Comment

sounds pretty good And I would love to stay with tein, I like how the s.techs ride

my sedan

Comment

Yeah, that's why I suggested the Basics. If you want more performance, get the SS, they're even better. They sell for about $1000. soysaucecb7 has them on his car.

I'm currently riding on H&R Race springs and Koni Yellow shocks. I'll get a pic up of how that looks. The shocks have a height adjustment on them, which is cool. Pain to do, since you have to take everything apart, but it's a good feature. That's also a great option.

Comment

hmm...3"drp...i got about 3.5" drop with nuespeed...it wasn't low enough for me so i cut 2 coils off....and it shure droped it the way i wanted....yes i know it's a bad thing.....but there's always something called expirementing...but back to my topic....umm...yeah a nuespeed lowering springs with stock oem struts..........it was brand new actually....and i've had it for nearly 2 years now with out a problem and my suspentions is still strong as hell and not once out of the 2 years i had a problem...umm...ride quality...ride quality is good.....it's hella smooth....and fuk feels better than stock hieght...way better....handeling is hella good....my car can really hug a turn when im street racing or just getting bored and trying to do some auto x...well it's up to u my friend....just trying posting up my shyt hoping it'll work....
                        Signature removed due to excessive size. Please read the rules before creating a new signature. - cp[mike]

Comment

thanks for the help man!
                          damn I love your ride,
                          thats about the height I want on mine

my sedan

Comment

i got the HR race springs i just wanna know will the ride be ok on stock shocks
                            U dont work U dont eat
                            U dont grind Udont shine
                            1st car 90 CB7 lx auto coupe
                            present car 90 CB7 ex clutch coupe
                            1st motor f22a1 2nd motor f22a4 present motor JDM H22a with m2b4 trans

Comment

Working...
                            X