Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Location of Main Relay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Location of Main Relay

i have a 1992 accord and my main relay shitted out on me. can anyone get a picture of where it is located? i know it's under the far left side of my dash but i'm having trouble finding it. also, does anyone have a good technique to replace it? what will i need to remove or get out of the way in the process?

thanks,
    Kevin

Try looking here. No pictures, but it might get you what you need. My 90 EX is in the garage and I think I need to replace or fix my Main Relay too. May get to it this weekend... I hope..

http://techauto.te.funpic.org/mainrelay.php

http://techauto.te.funpic.org/mainrelaydefine.php

Good Luck!
    1990 Accord EX 4dr Purchased New 8/21/90
    1999 Explorer XLT V8
    2001 Mustang Bullitt #2818

Comment

FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK i hate my life. replaced main relay and problem persists. do i have to do anything or is it a plug the fucker in and it should work?

PS. my problem is my guages died, clock, and then my car died. waited 5 minutes or so and it started up and it did it again in my neighborhood. this time i had to wait 10-15 minutes. now it won't start. the engine will turn over and fire but it won't stay on. i knoticed my car only let's my car into accesory with the key in.. no "on", and my window's won't roll down or up.. car has plenty of gas too. the only thing i could think of that it would be was my main relay...

Comment

alternator weak?? dead battery?
        <

(129)Transactions and counting

Comment

no the car cranks and fires just doesn't start. i'm thinking alternator or grounds... this car is a pain in the butt.

Comment

Originally posted by EuroSpec
            no the car cranks and fires just doesn't start. i'm thinking alternator or grounds... this car is a pain in the butt.
            it sounds good how about you drop your car off with me and i'll check if vtec works

Comment

Im telling yall...its whole pump/relay....my mech owned a 91 2dr and he sees cb7's on a weekly basis and he says alot lately (heat??) theyve been going through alot of fuel pumps/relays...

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
              Originally posted by Jarrett
              Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

heres a link its very helpful
                http://www.marklamond.co.uk/tech-hon...main-relay.htm

Comment

FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK i hate my life. replaced main relay and problem persists. do i have to do anything or is it a plug the fucker in and it should work?

PS. my problem is my guages died, clock, and then my car died. waited 5 minutes or so and it started up and it did it again in my neighborhood. this time i had to wait 10-15 minutes. now it won't start. the engine will turn over and fire but it won't stay on. i knoticed my car only let's my car into accesory with the key in.. no "on", and my window's won't roll down or up.. car has plenty of gas too. the only thing i could think of that it would be was my main relay...
                  Im pretty sure you replaced the wrong man relay there are two you replaced the one in the driver side fuse box that does not go bad its the one that is tucked all they way up in the driver side dash. If you need some further assistance hit me up on aim

Comment

you're talking about the one that has the bad soldiering points?

Comment

Originally posted by HondaGuy1212
                      Im pretty sure you replaced the wrong man relay there are two you replaced the one in the driver side fuse box that does not go bad its the one that is tucked all they way up in the driver side dash. If you need some further assistance hit me up on aim
                      mhmm... i replaced the right one. the one where you have to suck your car's dick to get to cause you have to move wires out of the way and find your way a foot up into the dash to replace.

Turns out my ignition went to shit... thanks everyone for helping me trouble shoot it

Comment

mhmm... i replaced the right one. the one where you have to suck your car's dick to get to cause you have to move wires out of the way and find your way a foot up into the dash to replace.

Turns out my ignition went to shit... thanks everyone for helping me trouble shoot it
                        Oh ok well im glad you got it fixed

Comment

Working...
                        X