Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Which 11" Rotor for CB9 Hub over Rotor Conversion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which 11" Rotor for CB9 Hub over Rotor Conversion

Greetings and Salutations,
    Moebius from mx6.com here, I recently purchased a 1991 Accord Wagon, aka a CB9.

I need to replace my rotors, and I like the idea of doing a rotor over hub conversion.

I presume that I can use the '98-'99 Acura CL hubs/bearings on my steering knuckles, but since I have a wagon, that means I have the 25T (rather than 23T) caliper brackets.

Since I'd rather not use a smaller (10.4") rotor, I'd like to keep my 11.1" rotors.

I don't care about the 5 lug conversion, in fact, I'd rather not, because that means I'd have to buy new wheels, which I'm not ready for just yet.

So, What 4 Lug Rotors, which are 11.1" - that work with the '98-'99 CL hubs?

Off the top of my head, the 92-96 prelude SI vtec rotors should be 11.1" and also the acura cl 3.0 from the same year as the hubs.

edit: yup.. those will work, i think where i copied the below stuff from means 92-96 for the lude.. dont think there is any difference, unless its from ABS....

2 matching rotors from any of these vehicles:
    98-99 Acura 3.0 CL
    93-96 Honda Prelude VTEC
    Last edited by aero; 08-04-2006, 11:18 PM.

Comment

So do I then need the '98-'99 CL 3.0 Hubs or the 2.3 CL hubs?

I'm thinking that if I use the '98-'99 CL 2.3 Hubs, then the '98-99 CL 3.0 Rotors, then I should be good.

Of course, if the hubs are the same for the '98-'99 CL 3.0 and the CL 2.3, then it doesn't matter, but I've got to check on that.

Comment

Originally posted by moebius
        So do I then need the '98-'99 CL 3.0 Hubs or the 2.3 CL hubs?

I'm thinking that if I use the '98-'99 CL 2.3 Hubs, then the '98-99 CL 3.0 Rotors, then I should be good.

Of course, if the hubs are the same for the '98-'99 CL 3.0 and the CL 2.3, then it doesn't matter, but I've got to check on that.
        3.0 hubs DO NOT WORK. Use 98-99 CL 2.3 hubs. You can use cl 3.0 or prelude vtec rotors. I think you'll need prelude vtec calipers with 23T brackets also.

Comment

Acura lists the part being for an Acura CL 2.3 Premium
          Honda/Acura P/N: 44600-SY8-A00
          Last edited by lucid; 08-05-2006, 11:49 PM.

The H22 Sleeper Sedan, updated 8/14
          After 4 months down...It's back! and tucked.
          Need a Swap or some work done in the DC/MD/VA/WV area?
          PM me and get it done right!

Comment

Ah- Okay, thanks for clearing that up.

I just finished my exhaust (DC Sports Ceramic Coated Headers, Magnaflow Cat, and Pacesetter Cat Back... ).

All I had to do was to cut a little tiny bit of the rear bumper plastic... all good.

Comment

Hey, when u do the swap, let me know what bracket you used for the caliper and how it fit? whether it was 23T or 25T

Comment

Originally posted by i97supratti
                Hey, when u do the swap, let me know what bracket you used for the caliper and how it fit? whether it was 23T or 25T
                hes prolly gonna use the stock wagon calipers that come on his car.
                -Mark-
                CB7
                CD5

And if i could swim I'd swim out to you in the ocean
                Swim out to where you were floating in the dark.

Comment

That is my plan - just swap hubs ('99 CL 2.3), and put on new rotors ('99 CL 3.0) and keep the rest of my parts stock. Like I said before, I'm not looking to do anything crazy, just make it easier to maintain my wagon. I'll probably use the new bearings to.

It stops fine now, but the rotors are a little bit warped - they pulse when I'm slowing down from the high way. I probably could have them re-surfaced, but what fun is it in paying somebody else, when I could do it myself.

The previous owners spent alot of money on their wagon, but they didn't take very good care of it.

Thanks for all the help, I'll post the results of the swap. I've got to order the parts first, but I'll do that this week. Hopefully I can get this all done for next weekend.

Why the rush? I've got to get it inspected for September, and I want it to be in tip-top shape. Brakes are the only thing left.

Comment

Even though they are the same part, the rotors are cheaper from honda as '93-96 Prelude VTEC rotors.
                    hondaautomotiveparts.com lists the new prelude rotor for $58.93,
                    acuracarland.com lists the new CL 3.0 rotor for $76.78.
                    Probably because the CL 3.0 is a newer, more expensive car, (because they can).
                    I am going for BREMBO cross-drilled and slotted (prelude) from eBay for $110 shipped because it's the same price.
                    Maybe this'll save you some dough.

Comment

Plan -

US-NT513098 Hub Assembly $63.08 each EDIT - THIS PART NUMBER IS JUST FOR BEARINGS - NOT A HUB ASSEMBLY - OOPS...
                      from
                      www.autopartswarehouse.com

Brembo Blanks for '95 Prelude VTEC Front, $32 each
                      from
                      www.tirerack.com

Comments?
                      Last edited by moebius; 08-11-2006, 11:36 AM.

Comment

I don't need cross drilled or slotted ...

Interesting, I was unable to find the blanks for the '99 CL 3.0.

I could only find blanks for the '97 CL 3.0 - which is no good, because that is still a hub over rotor - and like you said, Lucid, they are $76.

The Prelude fronts are where it is at.

Comment

Originally posted by moebius
                          Plan -

US-NT513098 Hub Assembly $63.08 each
                          from
                          www.autopartswarehouse.com

Brembo Blanks for '95 Prelude VTEC Front, $32 each
                          from
                          www.tirerack.com

Comments?
                          You definitely found some good prices, especially the hub.
                          They're almost 90 from Acura.
                          I was going to do my H23-to-H22 swap w/o the brake upgrade,
                          but since the hubs are cheap and I'm stealing the motor from my VTEC Prelude, I may as well steal the brakes too.
                          Thanks.

Comment

Oh, the hubs i listed are not OEM, but they are for the '98-'99 CL 2.3.
                            I spoke with the guys at autopartswarehouse.com, and they verified that the only thing different was that they weren't OEM.

Their OEM hubs were $101 each.

Jose (the guy from autopartswarehouse.com) was like... get the $63 ones... FWIW

edit: everything has been ordered... more updates as they happen. I must say, I'm not looking forward to taking of the axle nut - I did that for my old MX6 - 235+ ft/lbs of torque is no fun... sure the Accord is *only* supposed to be 185 ft/lbs of torque on the axle nut- but still...
                            Last edited by moebius; 08-06-2006, 11:30 PM.

Comment

Sometimes you're just paying for the name, a hub that works is a hub that works, and that works for me. I am going with dealer parts for my timing belt and water pump, stuff like that. I have updated my CB7 parts list with your finds, for sure. And to Jose, ...word.

Comment

Working...
                              X