Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Synthetic in CB7? Need Input

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Synthetic in CB7? Need Input

My wagon has come to the time were it needs another oil change. My friend at work is always raving about the sythetic oil in his car and how it last longer. I figured I'd asked whos using it here before I switch? I usually rock Castrol GTX 10-30W Anti-Sludge.
    89 Acura Integra 1.6 LSt (Daddy's Boost Toy)
    94 Honda Accord 2.2 EX (Daily For Now)
    04 Chevy Suburban 5.3 LT (Kiddie Haulin Pimpness)

I just switched last oil change to Castrol Syntec, and I love it. everything seemed to be smoother, and the power seemed maybe slightly better. Mostly I like the fact that you don't have to change the oil as often, so in reality I'm spending less and getting more. I would do it, and don't forget to use an oil filter that lasts as long as the oil so you don't have to change it either.
    Good Luck
    (RIP)1993 LX Sedan
    Frost White Crew Member #36

JDM Beating Stick Owner #1
    My (old) Ride

Comment

i just switched to mobil 1 extended performance fully synthetic 10w30 for the summer then switchin to 5w30 when it starts getting cold. also use an ac delco filter. runs noticeably better since the oil change. used to use non synthetic and mobil filter.

Comment

Originally posted by Afterward 91
        i just switched to mobil 1 extended performance fully synthetic 10w30 for the summer then switchin to 5w30 when it starts getting cold. also use an ac delco filter. runs noticeably better since the oil change. used to use non synthetic and mobil filter.

I have never heard anything good about Mobil 1 from my friends and some mechanics, so I didn't try it. I honestly can't see how there can be much difference between different brands, so I don't really care,lol.
        That and the Mobil 1 synthetic was more expensive. It all just comes down to whatever one you think looks ok, try it. My friend with a 93 civic swears by Quaker state, while my other swears Castrol. It just so happens that the one who like Castrol is more knowledgeable about cars than me, so i trusted his judgement and tried it out. As long as you get the results you were looking for then you should be fine.
        (RIP)1993 LX Sedan

My (old) Ride

Comment

mobil has always worked out great for me. i've tried a lot of other brands on past cars and mobil always ends up being the one i use religiously in the end.

Comment

I have used a couple of different brands in cluding mobil 1 and then only one that actually made a difference and was worth it was AMS oil. THe engine was NOTICEABLY smoother after a few thousand miles of break in and power was smoother as well. Engine used to tap constantly and the AMS oil quieted it down to the point that there were times when I thought the car shut off on me at a light. I checked my oil at 10K and it was still clear. AMS recommends an oil change every 25K and a filter change every 12500. By far this is the best synthetic oil I have had yet.
            "This is a jaded bunch. To gain notice, you have to challenge conventional wisdom, test assumptions, and ignore the naysayers."

FS Part out thread koni/skunk2 suspension, jdm pole, HID retrofit, Tanabe exhaust
            http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...10#post2119010

Comment

i dont know about synthetic but i change my oil every 2k miles with regular oil and a cheap filter.. after 2k it gets almost black again so i wouldnt run it more than 3k miles on a turbo
              You have been defeated by a car with child locks, how embarassing...

"I noticed my f22 felt "healthier" until it blew up." <Myk>

Comment

I used Mobil 1 on my 96 Maxima before I sold it. I used for for 20xxx miles before I had to take off the valve covers for a job and I couldnt believe how incredibly clean the head was, and that was at about 90xxx miles

Comment

not good

I thought I read somewhere in this site that synthetic are not advisable for high mileage cars....
                  Sky rockets in flight..... afternoon deeeelight!!

Comment

I Read That Somewhere TOo but i still use synthetic oil (Castrol Syntec 10w30)5.99 a quart and an k&n filter 13.99 damn its expensive but well worth it

Comment

It all really comes back to opinion, and we all know about opinions; everyone's got their own. I like the results I got with synthetic oil. My cars got 160,xxx miles on it which is pretty good. Just do what YOU want.
                      (RIP)1993 LX Sedan

My (old) Ride

Comment

since a lot of you guys have done it already without complaints then I might do that as well...
                        Sky rockets in flight..... afternoon deeeelight!!

Comment

ive thought about puttin synthetic in my car. i had a JDM f22a1 2years ago and used mobile 1. i think it was the best that i used.

but ive also read that using synthetic on a high milage motor is useless. ill ask a few shops and ill be sure to tell yall. theres no point in spending all that money if ur not gettin any better performance out of it

Comment

Working...
                          X