Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

really need help!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

really need help!!!

ok so its been a little more than a week now and my car still is real high from the front. for everybody that doesnt know wat happened i was fixing my front axels and it started raining and i left my car lifted on a jack all night and when i was done i noticed that my car was really lifted from the front. some people told me to just drive it and the springs should settle down but its been more than a week and nothing has happen. any advice to wat i can do to lower it back to the original height?

THIS IS ONLY THE BEGINNING!!!

i've never seen that happen before.

try putting sand bags under the hood at night. (not while driving of course)
    do you have stock suspension? later.
    Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

Originally posted by TypeG
      do you have stock suspension? later.
      yea i do

Comment

Originally posted by alilandaverde
        ok so its been a little more than a week now and my car still is real high from the front. for everybody that doesnt know wat happened i was fixing my front axels and it started raining and i left my car lifted on a jack all night and when i was done i noticed that my car was really lifted from the front. some people told me to just drive it and the springs should settle down but its been more than a week and nothing has happen. any advice to wat i can do to lower it back to the original height?

That happened to my car, too. After I changed my lpassenger lower ball joint the car height is higher on one side. Some people said that it takes time to settle, but it has been a month and it still like that. I am still waiting for my other ball joint to arrive.

Comment

It sounds to me like your springs got stretched out from hanging maybe? You could try renting a spring compresor if you don't have one and just compres them back to normal size.. if that is the problem.

Comment

Originally posted by MyCord
            It sounds to me like your springs got stretched out from hanging maybe? You could try renting a spring compresor if you don't have one and just compres them back to normal size.. if that is the problem.
            good luck with that.

Comment

what do you think happens when the car sits on the ground? (the spring gets compressed) later.

Comment

Originally posted by TypeG
                what do you think happens when the car sits on the ground? (the spring gets compressed) later.
                apparently thats not working but im sure spring compresor would do the trick if that is the problem

Comment

Doood, Ive seen something similar. Did you get your car aligned after the front end work? I did a set of struts on a friends car and as he backed out of my driveway the car looked like the front was on hydrolics. Almost near the high end of the suspension travel. Dont ask me why it did this to the car, but he took his car to a local tire and suspension place and they alligned the front end for 25$ and it fixed the problem. ANY suspension work should be followed up with a alignment job, but i guess you said all you did was change a axel.... No way the springs streched bad enuf to be preminate. So just nail a few speed bumps at 35 and pray you dont brake anything, but do get a alignment job after hitting the speed bumps, youll need it by then. lol
                  Last edited by Akira_kj; 08-03-2006, 02:12 AM.
                  I cant Slam further. The ground refuses to get any lower.

Comment

Originally posted by Akira_kj
                    Doood, Ive seen something similar. Did you get your car aligned after the front end work? I did a set of struts on a friends car and as he backed out of my driveway the car looked like the front was on hydrolics. Almost near the high end of the suspension travel. Dont ask me why it did this to the car, but he took his car to a local tire and suspension place and they alligned the front end for 25$ and it fixed the problem. ANY suspension work should be followed up with a alignment job, but i guess you said all you did was change a axel.... No way the springs streched bad enuf to be preminate. So just nail a few speed bumps at 35 and pray you dont brake anything, but do get a alignment job after hitting the speed bumps, youll need it by then. lol
                    well i did change the struts too.

Comment

There you go, same happend to me when I got new struts but I have coilovers, so i just lowerd it some.

Will's Accord

Comment

apparently thats not working but im sure spring compresor would do the trick if that is the problem
                        ???? WHy would you still need a compressor you can only exert so much force while the spring is ALREADY compressed by a 3000lb car...

The New-ish Ride
                        My old Ride
                        Hear my Vtak!!!
                        MK3 Member #3
                        I piss off people for fun.
                        IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

^^^that's what i'm sayin

that's why. later.

Comment

[QUOTE=TypeG]^^^that's what i'm sayin
                            QUOTE]

Ya I forgot to quote you on that haha my bad.

The New-ish Ride
                            My old Ride
                            Hear my Vtak!!!
                            MK3 Member #3
                            I piss off people for fun.
                            IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

answered your own question meng.
                              I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Working...
                              X