Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

revs climb between changes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

revs climb between changes

93 Accord Coupé UK (Made in USA)
    F20A7

Lift off throttle to change and revs climb slightly rather than drop, as if the throttle plate is lagging behind the pedal a bit.

Could be:
    - sticky cable
    - sticky throttle
    - dodgy TPS

?

Anyone else had this sort of thing?
    1993 Accord Coupé
    1989 RX7 Turbo II
    1989 Charade Turbo

Doddy did you by chance just add a cold air intake ? Sounds vacuum related.

Comment

thanks for replying dude - nope: no messing at all.

This car has had Honda servicing all it's life and hasn't been modded at all. The air filter in there is a bit dirty but not terrible. Will see after I change it and the fuel filter. I'll have a go at the timing after that.
      1993 Accord Coupé
      1989 RX7 Turbo II
      1989 Charade Turbo

Comment

If it does it a lil then its normal. Its so you dont kill the synchros in the trans. Its normal dont worry about it. If on the other hand it goes up and stays up for a while then goes back down to idle you got an issue. An intake wouldnt do that btw.

The New-ish Ride
        My old Ride
        Hear my Vtak!!!
        MK3 Member #3
        I piss off people for fun.
        IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Mine does that too, but not very often. Usually when its cold.

Does yours do it always OR intermittently? I'm trying to figure it out, it's not related to your filter tho.

K

Member's Ride Thread <------

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=80863

Thats what it issss...

Comment

You are correct about the intake not doing that BUT, When i put my cai on i removed some vac lines and the rpm's would rise when shifting, more like never dropping down.

Comment

well I bought a nice roll of braided vacuum line last week, so when I get the fuel filter in I'll tinker around the engine bay replacing hoses.
              1993 Accord Coupé
              1989 RX7 Turbo II
              1989 Charade Turbo

Comment

Gotta question first time driving stick? Sometimes first timers engage the clutch quicker than lettin off the throttle so there is a slight shift up in rpm. Dunno seen some people do that.

The New-ish Ride
                My old Ride
                Hear my Vtak!!!
                MK3 Member #3
                I piss off people for fun.
                IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Working...
                X