Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Spark plug wires stuck??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spark plug wires stuck??

Ok, my car has some Accel wires on it, they were on there when I got it. Well I went to paint the valve cover today only to discover that no amount of pulling will free the plug wires from the valve cover. Is this car just wierd? Does you have to do something special to remove them? I tried pulling with all of my might and none of the 4 will budge.
    I read somewhere that marijuana effects the memory. For some reason I can't seem remember where I read that. -- max sideburn(aka torqstr)

"Those who would sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither." - Benjamin Franklin

CB7: The Movie TEASER VIDEO

my friend with a VW had the same problem. his wires were stuck n when he went to pull them, they broke off. he just bought new ones n replaced them.
    Hold On Not Done Accelerating
    Had One Never Did Again

Comment

no, I've had that happen before. What I'm saying is that the wires won't even break. They're really tough and no amount of pulling on them will cause them to break or come loose. It's really wierd.
      I read somewhere that marijuana effects the memory. For some reason I can't seem remember where I read that. -- max sideburn(aka torqstr)

"Those who would sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither." - Benjamin Franklin

CB7: The Movie TEASER VIDEO

Comment

The heat from the sparking makes the tip of wires and plugs expand then they contract when cooled, it they were on too tight i think they can get welded together if they get hot enough, this is just speculation(sp).
        1993 Accord LX - Sold
        93 BMW 525it - SOLD
        92 Accord EX Sedan - SOLD
        2000 Accord Coupe - Traded-In
        2003 Accord V6 6spd Coupe - Sold
        2001 Honda Civic Ex - SOLD
        2013 Chevy Traverse LTZ - Kid hauler
        2003 Acura Tl 3.2 - Daily Commuter

Comment

My spark plug wires were the same when I got my Accord. They ripped in half when I finally resorted to using a pair of channel locks to grip them to pull them out. They were all swollen and fused - I'm guessing because of heat. I'd keep pulling, there's no trick to these wires. Just have a new set on hand.

Comment

Can you get them to move in any direction? Side to side? Back and forth? When I went to replace mine they were stuck a little but I moved them side to side a few times and they then popped right out. And like the previous post said, "the heating up and then cooling down tightened the gap between the wires and the plugs." I could see on the wires where this had happened. Hopefully this will help. Later

Comment

Working...
            X