Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

lowering springs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lowering springs

Who makes the springs with the highest drop, i wanna lower my car but not slam it so maybe a 1.2 or so drop, not sure..does anyone make that high or do i have to settle with 1.5?

Usually people do a 2.5 drop
    Originally posted by deevergote
    I'd eat a baby for free. I'm hungry, dammit!

Comment

^ LOL.

urm. eibach pro-kit or sportlines maybe?

Comment

i have like a 1.5-1.8 drop not really sure, but doesnt look that low, i wanna go lower like 2.0-2.5 drop for sure

Vouches:accord93racer, 93twodoorLX(twice), kmart64, deevergote, 92cord, Datmofo, DarkShadow707,slammed4thgen
        Old MR Thread

1996 Prelude SE- Project
        1996 Lexus SC300-Daily

Comment

Tein S techs. If your dropping your car that much its gonna look basically like stock.

The New-ish Ride
          My old Ride
          Hear my Vtak!!!
          MK3 Member #3
          I piss off people for fun.
          IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

The problem with trying to get a 1.2-1.5" drop is that when you replace your old worn out components, chances are that over the years they've actually sagged to almost that level of drop stock.

I remember a member here I used to talk to a long time ago had installed Neuspeed Sof Sports and KYB AGX on his car, and it was actually higher than it was before he installed the suspension. Just over time his car had sagged lower.

If you really only want a mild drop, then I'd say go with a Pro-Kit.

I don't know your reasons for not dropping that low, but I'd say you could go to 1.8 and not have any issues. I am currently running a 1.8/1.5 drop via Neuspeed Sport springs, but supposedly my AGX makes my car not get the full drop. Before I put my lip on (which hangs REALLY low), I never had any worries driving my car anywhere. Even now with the lip I rarely run into trouble, but I'm just a lot more careful with it, which I don't think is unreasonable.

Comment

I bought some tenzo-r lowering springs they drop 2" in front and 1.75" in the rear.

Comment

If you are looking for a mild drop that could be adjustable as the shocks wear it might not hurt to go with a good set of Coilovers. That way if you dont really know how low you want to be you have a range. Usually they are adjustable between 0-4" or at least the majority of the ones I have seen are. Just my two cents worth...

Comment

Hey sorry i don't really wanna jack your thread but if i wanted to lower my 4 door can i get away with 17's or should i stick with 16's???

Comment

Originally posted by LiquidMercury
                    Hey sorry i don't really wanna jack your thread but if i wanted to lower my 4 door can i get away with 17's or should i stick with 16's???
                    you can go up to 18" with out a problem ...look at my sig...

to the original question i have about a 2.25 inch drop in the front and 2 in the back on some 18 with 40 siries tires and im fine the ride is a little bouncy ( ebay coil overs low quality new monroe struts) i have no problem botoming out anyware if thats the reason you dont want to drop it so much ...

In Need of an engine, just a basic f22a...pm me if you have one willing to part with.

Comment

Dont cheap out, i got some cheapos on my teg, and i had to raise it back to stock cause of emmisions, and GOD DAMN it took forever, as for the accord, im not sure if i wana lower it, it rides so nice, i slammed the teg and it didnt ride too well.

Comment

Dont you need to then get aftermarket struts to go with lowering springs? Or can you still use your stock struts?

Comment

you can use the stock ones, but it will be all bouncy and shit.

Comment

So in order to get low (about 2") and have a good ride (not too bouncy not too stiff), coilsprings and struts must be good quality aftermarket stuff?

or

should I ask what is advisable if youre after for looks and comfort AND what is good for racing advantage?

Sky rockets in flight..... afternoon deeeelight!!

Comment

Working...
                            X