Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Moding My Engine - Capabilities

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Moding My Engine - Capabilities

So once I tune my car up big time, I'm going to tune everything and change all the fluids and clean all the valves etc etc.. so it will be running like new!

How much can I mod my engine? I have a stock 1992 lx coupe manual, marune red. I forget the engine name, it's the one with 125hp stock, I think the first one on the f series engline list in the sticky in this category.

btw it has 175k miles one it.. can I still mod it safely?

So heres what I want to do:
    1. Headers
    2. Exauhst
    3. Cold Air Intake (outside air)
    4. ECU Chip

125 + headers (8-15hp) + exauhst (10-20hp) + Intake (8-12hp) + Chip (10-25hp) = somewheres between 165-200hp

I beleive this all depends on the products I buy and my engine. The hp #'s are my average of all the products I've looked at.

What else can I mod? and for people who have done these mods, how are they? Is there anything I should know? and what products supposedly deliver the best results?

Basicaly, I want to get it as fast as possible before swapping to a h22 which isn't going to be too soon.

Intake is 1-5hp gain max, exhaust is 5-10hp and I don't know about headers as I haven't looked into that yet.
    Originally posted by deevergote
    I'd eat a baby for free. I'm hungry, dammit!

Comment

I/H/E might get you 15 hp at most. you'll feel it but it wont be mind boggling.

My Members Ride Thread
      Originally posted by deevergote
      You have to think outside the box to get IN the box!

Comment

hmmm i guess the retailers ive looked at lie about their "DYNO TESTED RESULUTS" lmao

Comment

Originally posted by MyCord
          hmmm i guess the retailers ive looked at lie about their "DYNO TESTED RESULUTS" lmao
          no you dont "guess" now you "know" they lie

Not my fault my dick only fits magnums.
          Why drink and drive when you can smoke and FLY?

Comment

Yea when i first started tuning i thought it was all true until i dynoed waiting for a dramatic result well i gained 22hp I/H/E

Comment

some engines react differntly to certain modifications than others. those hp numbers you thought you are gonna see with a intake/header/exhaust/ecu chip are really far off. especially on a F22a1 engine. im not putting your thread down, just dont be totally dissapointed when u do these mods and you dont really notice any difference in perfomance.

those "basic" mods are going to result in minimal perfomance gains, but can HELP other mods. like adding a Delta re-grind cam in ur F22a1 will benefit from ur CAI/header/exhaust...that is in comparison to your factory stuff.

its all in ur budget too...
              you can get a Delta re-grind cam
              underdrive pulley set (lightened crankshaft pulley)
              MSD ignition
              cam gear
              chipped ecu

with those mods you will definately see better results....

good luck
              Sean
              F22a1-->F22A-->H22A-->auto-2-5spd-->K20 6spd-->F22C 6spd RWD-->4G63 6spd AWD-->K24 6spd????

Sold to: blackice, Myothercar, Rennat, Ilikebigbutts, HA91, DA92CB7, accord91lx, Cb7GHOST, Gemini, whiteaccord92,Warudakumi, jhondayaaj
              Bought from: 93twodoorLX, Datmofo, g7kobayashi, accord_inspire, Accord SiR, Kurobei, UK-Accord, phreakish93, RENR, k-mart

Comment

I Kno This Is Off Subject But what is a good cam for my car

Comment

oo sorrry its the f22a2 block

Comment

camshaft? or cam gear? i only know of Delta camshafts for our F series engines. many people on this forum have them.
                    F22a1-->F22A-->H22A-->auto-2-5spd-->K20 6spd-->F22C 6spd RWD-->4G63 6spd AWD-->K24 6spd????

Sold to: blackice, Myothercar, Rennat, Ilikebigbutts, HA91, DA92CB7, accord91lx, Cb7GHOST, Gemini, whiteaccord92,Warudakumi, jhondayaaj
                    Bought from: 93twodoorLX, Datmofo, g7kobayashi, accord_inspire, Accord SiR, Kurobei, UK-Accord, phreakish93, RENR, k-mart

Comment

Crower...but I'm editing this thread right now because I guess they don't make cams for the your motor, and yeah man those hp #'s arent going to be that high. I have the h22 with all the mods you mentionned minus the cams and I dynoed at 190. My car is heavy though full interior and a system, but to get between 160-200 with your engine you will have to do some serious work, unless you boost of course.
                      Last edited by mozzandherb; 07-28-2006, 02:23 AM.

SOLD!!
                      Boosted H22
                      375whp 298 ft/lbs at 15psi

MEMBERS RIDE THREAD<<<CLICK FOR VIDS AND COOL PICS

Comment

Crower doesnt make camshafts for our 90-93 F series engines.....H22s yes, but not an F22a1/a4/a6

Comment

ok then were can i get the delta camshaft for my motor is there a website i have searched and nothing so far

Comment

All those hp #'s I got off all the ebay items with their estimated hp/torque gain.. o well I thought it was too good to be true lol. Anyway, besides the E/H/I/Chip how much would these other mods cost me.. and if I did boost my f22a1 that has 175k miles on it.. could it take it or would it just blow.. that's what I'm afraid of, if these other mods are just going to give me an unreliable engine and the possibility of it blowing then I'll just wait till I buy an h22.

Comment

its risky but since u have a manual it might be ok. just make sure that ur engine is ready 2 put a turboi in
                              http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=104311]
                              my members page
                              my myspace
                              my car domain

Comment

Working...
                              X