Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

This car is driving me crazy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This car is driving me crazy

I got a 91 Accord LX and I got it for free cause it had a blown head gasket (some of you know the story) Well I FINALLY decided to do a compression check before I did anymore work, even though I havn't worked on it in 2 months. #4 has 0, #3 had 30 guess I need to rip the head back off and get it milled, since I didn't in the first place. How much does it cost usually getting these grinded down? And is this really my problem why I don't havegood compression

Originally posted by pyro_maniac69
    I got a 91 Accord LX and I got it for free cause it had a blown head gasket (some of you know the story) Well I FINALLY decided to do a compression check before I did anymore work, even though I havn't worked on it in 2 months. #4 has 0, #3 had 30 guess I need to rip the head back off and get it milled, since I didn't in the first place. How much does it cost usually getting these grinded down? And is this really my problem why I don't havegood compression
    Could be the head gasket, rings, bent valves, etc.....
    1992 Accord LX - SOLD

Comment

definately get it milled, if you don't you'll never know if that's where your problem is or not.
      I read somewhere that marijuana effects the memory. For some reason I can't seem remember where I read that. -- max sideburn(aka torqstr)

"Those who would sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither." - Benjamin Franklin

CB7: The Movie TEASER VIDEO

Comment

Originally posted by Torqstr
        definately get it milled, if you don't you'll never know if that's where your problem is or not.

With all due respect, how can you definitively suggest that he mill the head when you can't diagnose an idle problem? In 2 separate threads no less.

Compression can be any number of things. I purchased a 91 Legend with a blown head gasket and didn't need it milled.

How was running before she blew? How many miles?

These seem like acceptable issues to deal with for a free car.
        Good luck!
        WTB - IACV for H22a4.

FS: 1993 CB9 w/H22a4 and much, much more.

PM or email with inquiries.
        Vouch Thread

Comment

cars idle was rough with the blown head gasket, but other than that ran great. I got another head off ebay figureing why not, had less miles than what the cars odometer says and put that on there, but now I'm thinking I should put the old one back on, just been sitting in my garage in a box.

Miles, I can't really say for sure cause the VSS is junk, but the odometer says 161K, so I'm guessing it has about 190K some odd miles. I also need to get a main relay, and figure out if I want to slap another $300 in this thing and get a new dizzy since I *THINK* the coil went bad. I just don't know what to do with it

Comment

Originally posted by pyro_maniac69
            cars idle was rough with the blown head gasket, but other than that ran great. I got another head off ebay figureing why not, had less miles than what the cars odometer says and put that on there, but now I'm thinking I should put the old one back on, just been sitting in my garage in a box.

Miles, I can't really say for sure cause the VSS is junk, but the odometer says 161K, so I'm guessing it has about 190K some odd miles. I also need to get a main relay, and figure out if I want to slap another $300 in this thing and get a new dizzy since I *THINK* the coil went bad. I just don't know what to do with it

Did the water pump fail? When you had the top end off, did you notice any excessive sludge or coking? I didn't think these motors sludge excessively.
            WTB - IACV for H22a4.

FS: 1993 CB9 w/H22a4 and much, much more.

PM or email with inquiries.
            Vouch Thread

Comment

no, they hit a deer with it and cracked the radiator and didn't notice, and there was a 17 year old female driving it and burned it up. The water pump is good cause I put some water in the upper rad hose and rolled it over, shot all the water back out like a sonnuva gun, so the water pump is fine

Comment

and the only thing I notice with the valve cover off is burnt oil like a bitch, I tried scrubbing it off with some carb cleaner and a toothbrush, but none of it would come off.

Comment

suggestions would still be nice

Comment

Working...
                  X