Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Engine is acting funny

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Engine is acting funny

I just replaced my spark plugs, cap, rotor, and O2 sensor. I used NGK plugs from the dealer, and a Bosch O2 sensor. The car felt great after the change. But then my friend told me to disconect the battery overnite to clear the ECU. So i did and today i drove it. And it feels like shit. There is no power in the lower RPM range. I used to be able to chirp second gear, now it wont. If you get on it in 1st of 2nd, it kinda bogs for a second, then climbs. But it climbs slowly.

At first i thought it was just a placebo affect. I thought i was just thinking that it was slower cuz i reset the ECU. But i just got home from racing a late model Sunfire with 2 extremely fat chicks in it and i lost. We raced from a light, and from a 40 mph roll. And its pissing me off cuz two weeks ago I raced a 04 sunfire wit twin exhaust wit 2 skinny kids in it and beat them by a car lenght every time.

Does any one have any suggestions on what it might be?
    1991 Cb7 Coupe 5 Speed--SOLD
    2002 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V-- SOLD
    1994 Acura Legend GS
    Car Pics

just drive it around for a while it'll clear itself

My Members Ride Page

Comment

Originally posted by xczechboyx
      I just replaced my spark plugs, cap, rotor, and O2 sensor. I used NGK plugs from the dealer, and a Bosch O2 sensor. The car felt great after the change. But then my friend told me to disconect the battery overnite to clear the ECU. So i did and today i drove it. And it feels like shit. There is no power in the lower RPM range. I used to be able to chirp second gear, now it wont. If you get on it in 1st of 2nd, it kinda bogs for a second, then climbs. But it climbs slowly.

At first i thought it was just a placebo affect. I thought i was just thinking that it was slower cuz i reset the ECU. But i just got home from racing a late model Sunfire with 2 extremely fat chicks in it and i lost. We raced from a light, and from a 40 mph roll. And its pissing me off cuz two weeks ago I raced a 04 sunfire wit twin exhaust wit 2 skinny kids in it and beat them by a car lenght every time.

Does any one have any suggestions on what it might be?
      Should have just pulled the ECU fuse for a couple of seconds and put it in. Never heard of leaving the battery off all night. Pull the ECU fuse and put it on drive it for a while and see if it resets.

The New-ish Ride
      My old Ride
      Hear my Vtak!!!
      MK3 Member #3
      I piss off people for fun.
      IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Originally posted by NAiL05
        Should have just pulled the ECU fuse for a couple of seconds and put it in. Never heard of leaving the battery off all night. Pull the ECU fuse and put it on drive it for a while and see if it resets.
        Exactly.

After replacing the ECU fuse, turn your car on and let it idle for about 10 minutes, without touching the throttle.

Members Ride Thread

Comment

yea i m gona go do that right now. So after letting it idle, do i drive it like normal? or should i drive it like a old lady?
          1991 Cb7 Coupe 5 Speed--SOLD
          2002 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V-- SOLD
          1994 Acura Legend GS
          Car Pics

Comment

I would say drive it just like normal. I wouldn't go WOT or anything though. Give it some time to re-set itself.

Members Ride Thread

Comment

Working...
            X