Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

coolant flush

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

coolant flush

im almost finished doin my clutch job and i have drained lots of coolant in the process. i was wondering if i will have to flush out the whole system and refill it or can i just fill it up as it is? i have a bit of coolant left in the resovior tank. thnx
    Hold On Not Done Accelerating
    Had One Never Did Again

You can just refill it, but while you are at it go ahead and flush then refill.
    Gary A.K.A. Carter
    [sig killed by photobucket]

Comment

how do i drain the rest of the coolant in the resivoir tank. and what is the procdure on refilling? is it fill the resevoir tank, then fill the rad to the top?
      Hold On Not Done Accelerating
      Had One Never Did Again

Comment

hey jas_r34 i just droped my tranny friday. i finally got it off. im gunna put a stage 2 clutch on it. any thing special i need to know to put the clutch on. like that flywheel markings or anything.

Comment

Ok on the bottom of the radiator there is a plastic screw its called a petcock for real thats what its called, make sure the radiator cap is off and unscrew it and all the fluid will come out of the radiator. If you cant find it you could just take the lower hose of the radiator. As for the overflow just remove it and dump it all out, good luck

Comment

thanks for the info, I have been waiting for my replacement manual to come in the mail so I could do it, but this has solved my problem.

Comment

you drain the resevoir tank by unscrewing the top and just pulling it out and dumping the fluid in a safe place.

...adjust accordingly

Comment

Originally posted by LinX
                you drain the resevoir tank by unscrewing the top and just pulling it out and dumping the fluid in a safe place.
                If you wanna really clean your system take off your upper radiator hose and get a longer one or you can use your stock one but its gonna get everywhere in the engine bay. But yea get a garden hose and put it on the radiator and turn on the car and you should have a decently big water gun that dont shoot far and let it run until its clear plus gets the dirty bits out. But I recommend draining most of it first before doing that.

The New-ish Ride
                My old Ride
                Hear my Vtak!!!
                MK3 Member #3
                I piss off people for fun.
                IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Originally posted by NAiL05
                  If you wanna really clean your system take off your upper radiator hose and get a longer one or you can use your stock one but its gonna get everywhere in the engine bay. But yea get a garden hose and put it on the radiator and turn on the car and you should have a decently big water gun that dont shoot far and let it run until its clear plus gets the dirty bits out. But I recommend draining most of it first before doing that.
                  yep, i did that also but i only disconnected the top hose and took out the radiator plug and it just comes rite out. do it when your engine is cool to the touch and don't leave the engine running for long

Comment

Working...
                  X