Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Fan Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

try an oem thermostat and bleed the system. most delaers cost is 20 bucks, but its worth it.

regards x

Comment

where the bleeder screw on the motor?

Comment

T-stat housing behind the block you should see it. I think you need a 10mm box end wrench should do.

The New-ish Ride
        My old Ride
        Hear my Vtak!!!
        MK3 Member #3
        I piss off people for fun.
        IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

update************************

i bleed it from the motor now the fan comes on after the needle is 3/4 2 the H and but then it came on when when it was about have 2 so i guess it come son when it wants i guess but by time its 3/4 2 the H its on tho. i tighten the screw back up and then the car gotho twhen it moved so i loosened it again, wut do u guys suggest now?

Comment

Originally posted by taylamayde
            update************************

i bleed it from the motor now the fan comes on after the needle is 3/4 2 the H and but then it came on when when it was about have 2 so i guess it come son when it wants i guess but by time its 3/4 2 the H its on tho. i tighten the screw back up and then the car gotho twhen it moved so i loosened it again, wut do u guys suggest now?

what i mean by moved is as far as drving the car and i not sittin still but movin

Comment

My 240 had a clutch fan run off the pulleys. I removed it and ziptied in an electric fan from a honda, then just ran key on power to the fan so it runs constantly until you turn off the ignition. Works fine and oh so easy! You could at least do this for now to keep from overheating. Don't drive around with the bleeder screw open, that can't be a real solution. Do you know anyone with the same car or a parts car you can try swapping parts with?

The H22 Sleeper Sedan, updated 8/14
              After 4 months down...It's back! and tucked.
              Need a Swap or some work done in the DC/MD/VA/WV area?
              PM me and get it done right!

Comment

no one has this car any more but when they did they told me they didnt have this problem, so is th escrew suppose 2 be very tight a lil tight or wut? oh and by the way as another update the fans have not yet 2 come on again

Comment

paste yourself here, I can't get it to link right,

http://www.partsamerica.com/ProductL...erature+Sensor
                  Last edited by lucid; 07-17-2006, 09:43 PM.

Comment

that didnt work is that a link?

Comment

and it works when I don't try.....

Comment

update******************************************** *88

well now it sstartin 2 get hot now even when i drive even if its around the block wut do u guys suggest now?

Comment

Wire the fan so it cuts on and off with the key if you need to drive it around for anything other than testing.
                          If the wiring is hooked up correctly...
                          And you don't have air in the system...
                          and you're not losing water...

...it could be;

a bad temp switch, <$20,
                          a faulty or incorrectly installed thermostat,
                          a faulty radiator fan timer,
                          or a bad fan motor if you haven't seen them both run or jumped 12v to them.

Let me know if I'm forgetting anything.
                          I think you might need a multitester
                          or enough money to start blindly buying replacement parts
                          which works too

Comment

well if i jump the fan only one comes on as it does when the car turns off and the car is on, but when there a flke and the fans trn on while the car is on both come on does that narrow out a problem at all?

Comment

The second fan is wired to the A/C so when the engine is under extra load to run the A/C the engine doesn't suffer from the extra heat. You said that the fan worked the way it is supposed to before you replaced the radiator. The fan has to be removed inorder to install the radiator so the first thing I would look at is connections that had to be undone when installing the radiator. 2nd thing to look closly at is the temp sensor that tells the computer to tell the fan to come on. There are two sensors, one for the gauge on the dash and the other is the one that triggers the fan to come on. And 3rd is the computer. My '90 LX coupe had a failure in the computer. The damn fan wouldn't shut off, came on whenever it pleased. I mean like, it's 50 degrees outside, the car hasn't been driven in days, I walk by the car, and as if to say hello! the fan comes on.
                              It really is a labor of love making a neglected CB7 with "normal wear and tear" into something worth being proud of.

Comment

Before worse comes to worse, the way you jumpered the fan to see if it would come on.... jumper it with a switch wired to the dash so you can manually turn the fan on and off so you can continue to drive it.

"How-To Kill a Honda"
                                1. don't change the engine oil and filter
                                2. don't replace the timing belt and coolant pump
                                3. over heat the engine
                                It really is a labor of love making a neglected CB7 with "normal wear and tear" into something worth being proud of.

Comment

Working...
                                X