Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Fan Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fan Problem

I have a fan problem when the car is off is the only time the fan comes on.so the car gets hot quick now anyone have any idea of why the fan wont come on for the radiator while the ignition is on only whens its off? thanks in advance for any help

I dont understand your question but is your car running hot at all while your driving? The fan turns on to help the motor cool down after your ignition is off its normal.

The New-ish Ride
    My old Ride
    Hear my Vtak!!!
    MK3 Member #3
    I piss off people for fun.
    IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

no the car only gets hot at a stop the fan is suppose 2 come on but it doesnt but is crazy cause if i turn the car off if the car is hot the fan comes on, but if i turn the car on the fan will turn right off. the weirdest thing ive ever seen
      Last edited by taylamayde; 07-15-2006, 11:42 PM.

Comment

They probably run off separate sensors or triggers. When the fan comes on (with the car off), which fan is it, both? There's a control relay under the hood and there are 2 green-plugged (on the harness side) connectors that attach to temp sensors for the fans, there is one near each end of the radiator hoses on the engine sides. Make sure both are plugged in, one of those temp sensors could be bad, I guess, but I wouldn't replace that without some more troubleshooting. Good luck.

The H22 Sleeper Sedan, updated 8/14
        After 4 months down...It's back! and tucked.
        Need a Swap or some work done in the DC/MD/VA/WV area?
        PM me and get it done right!

Comment

i just had a fan probelm where my fan was coming on when ever it wanted...i tried changing the relay first but that didnt help so i changed fan timer its underneath the dash...fixed my problem fan timer =expensive
          My Members Ride Thread

Comment

Turn on the A/C make sure both fans come on when you do this. If they do your fans check out. Next move is check your coolant levels. Third I would replace the t-stat.

The New-ish Ride
            My old Ride
            Hear my Vtak!!!
            MK3 Member #3
            I piss off people for fun.
            IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

connect the fan directly to the fuse inside the car. & while your at it connect both fans together. 2x the cooling

93 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
              01 Civic LX Sedan (sold)-93 Accord EX Wagon (totaled)
              93 Accord SE Sedan (sold)-92 Accord EX Sedan (sold)
              93 Accord SE Coupe (sold)-97 Accord SiR Wagon (sold)

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Comment

well both fans used 2 come on at the same time anyway but there was a fluke once where we took window relay and switch it with fan relay and it worked once and when car turned of and tryed again didnt work. but both fans are workin putin 2 pieces of wires in the relayholes where conectors go, and by the way both green connectors are connected

Comment

oh and 4 the record i just put a brand new t-stat on

Comment

it could be your fan timer unit..look on ebay for a used one for cheaper if it is.

question though..was the thermostat OEM or stant brand or other aftermarket brand? i got one from autozone and had problems with my fans cuz of the crappy thermostat. it was even the correct temp one. i guess our cb7's can be finicky that way.

only other things is maybe you need to bleed the system, or theres a bad fan switch, or the thermostat is in backwards? i dunno hope the insight helps..

lets us know whats it was..

goodluck x

Comment

I went ahead and looked this up so I know what it looks like and how much it is. Majestic Honda wants 102.82 (Timer, Radiator Fan), it's number 3 in the pic. I'm thinking this is responsible for my fan cutting on and off repeatedly when the car's off.

The H22 Sleeper Sedan, updated 8/14
                      After 4 months down...It's back! and tucked.
                      Need a Swap or some work done in the DC/MD/VA/WV area?
                      PM me and get it done right!

Comment

Originally posted by taylamayde
                        I have a fan problem when the car is off is the only time the fan comes on.so the car gets hot quick now anyone have any idea of why the fan wont come on for the radiator while the ignition is on only whens its off? thanks in advance for any help
                        thats how it works

Comment

Originally posted by pretty_ricky302
                          thats how it works
                          yea thats how its workin but thats not how its suppose 2 work and 2 ansswer th eother question i got t stat from o reillys

Comment

o yea the fan worked pefectly b4 i switched teh new radiator in, so we put new t stat in, and all ground wires aand everything else checked out so im really lost right now

Comment

I agree with lucid, I would check the temp sensor

Comment

Working...
                              X