Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Central Fla.. h22 turbo DYNO PROBELMS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Central Fla.. h22 turbo DYNO PROBELMS

ok.. a couple of facts before i go on.. im not really a noOb or newbie or whatever.. i used to have a chipped p28 ecu but i sold it because the only place that could tune chipped honda ecu's has a bad rep... (111 cars blown up on dyno and counting) ... and not only that but chipped p28 ecus arent the best for idling... furthermore i finally found a dyno shop that as far as i know doesnt have a bad reputation...
    ok so i called them a couple of weeks before the dyno and i just straight up asked what fuel management systems they are the best at tuning.. and i was told greddy emanage.. so i bought a greddy emanage ultimate..
    on to the story (my problem(s))
    well the day finally came.. to take my car on the dyno 12pm thursday Jun13 to be exact after about an hour... after waiting for someone to bring me the SOFTWARE from 40 miles away because for some reasion they didnt have the emange ultimate software they finally started the dyno tuning... well everything seemed to be going ok.. until about 1 hour later..
    THE STORY GOES
    the guy said he couldn't tune it any more (or correctly or w/e) because "there was something about with the fuel system" more specifically after asking numerous times he had the injectors set at like +40% (+50% is max kinda like VAFCs) for the idle.. now this is were i dont understand... i have 550cc injectors stock is like 350cc or something... so your tellling me that injectors that are twice as big are almost maxed out!!! AT IDLE!! this is one of the two reasons why my car didnt get done .. i only slept 2.5 hours the night before this dyno so at the time i really didnt think of such simple things as this.... but it didnt matter anyways because he said i also needed a "missing link" .. now this is something i dont really know that much about.. to me a missing link is kinda like a FMU kinda ghetto, cheap and/or temporary.. i dont know though maybe i just have a wrong impression about them.. but IMO shouldnt a 600 dollar fuel management system should be able to adjust "signals or w/e" in such a way that the stock ECU could operate (ignition and fuel) under boost (simple boost too like 7psi)
    basically though i would just like to discussion about these events
    about the idle problem though i belive it may be running lean due to the IAC (idle air control valve) the dyno guy had suggested this when i called him today... but to me he seems kinda unsure about everything... besides the missing link(which i've already ordered of ebay)... help me, have i just sold my p28 chipped and spent 600 dollars on a systems to have just ... downgraded.. ::question
    turbo h22 tein ridin Accord guy... from AccordT****.com
    smarter than local dyno tuners..
    my car in 2004~05<br>
    i love this red font

my car blew up! in May 07'

Why didnt you keep the p28. You can run e manage and hondata or whatever you choose on there. Fuck it try to revert back to a stock safe setting. If your unsure of the people at the dyno place then I recommend NEVER go there. Since you already did you better get them to revert back to what it was before instead of letting them fuck up your motor more. And your suppose to be more lean at idle which means injector duty cycle shouldnt be all the way up to 50% or whatever they set it at. Find MRX on here Im pretty sure he knows what to do.

The New-ish Ride
    My old Ride
    Hear my Vtak!!!
    MK3 Member #3
    I piss off people for fun.
    IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

uh.. i didnt keep the chipped p28 because my car wouldnt idle correctly most of the time...
      i'll be more specific and wouldnt even bring up the missing link.. at idle.. (and only pretty much only at idle) the car runs lean no matter how much fuel you dump,, however.. sometimes it will go from way lean to way rich.. back to way lean... spontanesly.. also.. alot of the times whenever i start my car up it will read 15~14.6... then in about 10 seconds or so go down the 19.9 or extremely lean.. BS if you ask me
      my car in 2004~05<br>
      i love this red font

Comment

How much boost were you planning to run in the first place? You sure they knew how to use the E manage??? I would talk to MRX though he is pretty knowledgable when it comes to chip tuning on this site. He should be of help. He is Midnite Racer X or most people call him MRX for short. Also what ECU are you using now?
        Last edited by NAiL05; 07-15-2006, 10:38 AM.

The New-ish Ride
        My old Ride
        Hear my Vtak!!!
        MK3 Member #3
        IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

im planning on running like 7psi. and im pretty sure they knew how to run emanage.. i have even checked it out for myself.. and they have the airflow adjustment almost set to max for idle.. and it still runs lean.. however alot of the times when i start my car it'll read decent AFs but then it drop down slowly, or if i press on the gas and release it it'll go lean at idle
          my car in 2004~05<br>
          i love this red font

Comment

Could be the FIV or IACV I have heard sometimes those things leak during boost but dunno how to compensate for em. As you said yourself could be lone of those but Ill let the more knowledgable members chime in on this boost situation.

The New-ish Ride
            My old Ride
            Hear my Vtak!!!
            MK3 Member #3
            IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

like nelson said return all that shit get you a p28 ecu and let MRX TUNE YOUR SHIT.... hes in florida also.

Comment

Originally posted by Int3gral
                ok.. a couple of facts before i go on.. im not really a noOb or newbie or whatever.. i used to have a chipped p28 ecu but i sold it because the only place that could tune chipped honda ecu's has a bad rep... (111 cars blown up on dyno and counting) ... and not only that but chipped p28 ecus arent the best for idling...

THE STORY GOES
                the guy said he couldn't tune it any more (or correctly or w/e) because "there was something about with the fuel system" more specifically after asking numerous times he had the injectors set at like +40% (+50% is max kinda like VAFCs) for the idle.. now this is were i dont understand... i have 550cc injectors stock is like 350cc or something... so your tellling me that injectors that are twice as big are almost maxed out!!! AT IDLE!! help me, have i just sold my p28 chipped and spent 600 dollars on a systems to have just ... downgraded.. ::question

I hope you are not using a P13 ECU for the turbo. You will definitely need a a different ECU and thew P28 would work fine with the proper tuning. In addition, you may need larger injectors. I have a set 880cc injectors that have never been used if you wish to purchase them. I will be using 1000cc injectors. I hope all goes well. You may want to contact AccordSIR. Good lick!
                600HP" 1990 ACCORD LX COUPE COMING SOON

CLICK HERE TO VIEW MY 1990 CB7

Comment

wow.. my day is gettting worse and worse...
                  problem is.. is my car is automatic. if my car wasnt automatic i would have bought HOndata or AEM EMS but since its automatic im very limited to what i can use,.,. in addition i just sold my p28 w/chip burner on ebay the other day.. so now i have about 800 dollars in new merchandise and i have to sell it all and start over again
                  shit..
                  you really think 550cc is to small for 7psi of boost?
                  how much you want for those 800cc injectors seeing as not only do i need a new engine management system .. i am problably going to have to sell my nearly new (but not new) 300 dollars rc engineering injectors...
                  d(*& it
                  my car in 2004~05<br>
                  i love this red font

Comment

I didnt think if your car was manual or auto the EMS would matter. That was to my knowledge. Personally I think you can running any EMS whether manual or auto it just depends on if they make an application for the car. How big of a turbo are you running?

The New-ish Ride
                    My old Ride
                    Hear my Vtak!!!
                    MK3 Member #3
                    IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Working...
                    X