Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

cold air Vs. short ram

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i was about to seach first but i was lazy and tired from long day of working so i decided to just post and see wut happens
    95 accord 5-speed green coupe SOLD!
    93 H22 PRELUDE 5spd si Black

I have a JWhite retro, Do you?
    fghgfhf

Comment

i like the cold air cuz i do feel a difference compaired to the short ram. less chance of hot air from the engine but the only con that i have is when it rains. cold air all the way.

Comment

Originally posted by hondamugen103
        i was about to seach first but i was lazy and tired from long day of working so i decided to just post and see wut happens
        Get used to searching, members will be less lienient the longer you are here.....I know better.
        1992 Accord LX - SOLD

Comment

alrighty thanks for the heads up man.

fghgfhf

Comment

Originally posted by aww_shiet
            ack u beat me to it! lol yea what 92DX said...

it's a lil louder, but it still looks stock. not as loud tho as an aftermarket SRI tho...
            ya man Im runnin stock airbox with fram air hog and I removed the resonator and tubing it works just as good as a intake and the stock look

Comment

Originally posted by HondaGuy1212
              ya man Im runnin stock airbox with fram air hog and I removed the resonator and tubing it works just as good as a intake and the stock look
              You should do what i used to do before i got my SRI: remove the bottom half of the airbox, and use screws and washers to hold up the air filter to the top half of the airbox. try it
              RICE COOKA!!

Comment

alright. but i still like the polished look under the hood. I also put a fram air in my moms stock airtintake on her darango but i never removed the litle resenator thingy that your talking about if i did would it sound meaner?

fghgfhf

Comment

alright. but i still like the polished look under the hood. I also put a fram air in my moms stock airtintake on her darango but i never removed the litle resenator thingy that your talking about if i did would it sound meaner?
                  it should sound loud and aggressive
                  RICE COOKA!!

Comment

how do i go about removing this resonator? is there ne diys on it and diagrams? is too how to do it?

fghgfhf

Comment

how do i go about removing this resonator? is there ne diys on it and diagrams? is too how to do it?
                      On which car, the CB? If youre talking about the CB, you dont have to remove the resonator, simply remove the tube that leads to it(the one that goes down into the fender).
                      RICE COOKA!!

Comment

no i'm talking about on my moms darango? i put a fram air in the stock box. do i need to remove the resenator or just the pipe that goes to it like you said for my accord?

fghgfhf

Comment

no i'm talking about on my moms darango? i put a fram air in the stock box. do i need to remove the resenator or just the pipe that goes to it like you said for my accord?
                          don't take it the wrong way, but from experience, Fram=shit K&N=gold.
                          I have no idea how a durango airbox looks like, but if it have a tube that leads to the resonator like you said, by simply removing the tube it'll be the same as taking out the resonator. But how long is this tube youre talking about? If its really short, youre better off removing the resonator box also.
                          RICE COOKA!!

Comment

i dont know thats the problem. but ohwell its not my car so i aint gonna wory about it. its her darango so i dont care wut she does to it.
                            my cars pretty nice i just baught her for 800 bucks. it has a little bit of rust on drivers side by the gas cover on the wheel well. shes only got 176,000mi, and shes a 5speed so shes pretty nice. 2-door coupe. when i get some money i'm gonna fix the rust and give her a new paint job. nothing fansy just metalic silver. its gonna look bad ass when i get done with it.

fghgfhf

Comment

yo maroonaccord2.2 those led sidemarkers are bad ass dude i left you a privite message about a question i had man get back to me on it.
                              l8r guys

fghgfhf

Comment

I took off all of tubes yesterday and the car sounds so much better it aint even funny. Now about modifying the stock airbox further (cutting out the bottom half) will that make it any louder still or will it stay the same as just removing the little tube things?
                                1992 Honda Accord DX
                                Coupe 5spd
                                2.2 liter I-4 (code: F22a1)
                                125hp @5200 rpm 137 lb/ft @4000 rpm

(\__/)
                                (O.o )
                                (> < ) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination!

Comment

Working...
                                X