Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

cold air Vs. short ram

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cold air Vs. short ram

i would like to know which is better?
    the v2 cold air filter down by the front passanger tire or the short ram intake under the hood?which one gives the better deep sound and more hp?
    thanks Jason
    95 accord 5-speed green coupe SOLD!
    93 H22 PRELUDE 5spd si Black

I have a JWhite retro, Do you?
    fghgfhf

Welcome, did you try searching....

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=51457
    1992 Accord LX - SOLD

Comment

welcome to the board... yea like maroonaccord2.2 said.

i didn't go the CAI or Short-Ram route. i left mine looking stock n just removed the resonator. i've too many problems with cops hassling me with my modded parts. just a suggestion...
      Omar | aww_shiet | Facebook | Instagram

Comment

alrighty well thanks for the other thread and i'v read it but still wandering which one is the better buy? i alredy know i want something polished. short ram or cai? i already read about the air filter. i dontwanna ghetto rig my car i wanna do it right the first time.

fghgfhf

Comment

Originally posted by hondamugen103
          alrighty well thanks for the other thread and i'v read it but still wandering which one is the better buy? i alredy know i want something polished. short ram or cai? i already read about the air filter. i dontwanna ghetto rig my car i wanna do it right the first time.

so with that in mind which one would honestly lok better and give my car more hp?

fghgfhf

Comment

Well, if you are all stock now just get a CAI....it'll keep that lower end rpm feel that the stocker has but still breathe well in the upper rpms. The short ram tends to lack a bit in the low rpm torque area, so if you spend a lot of time on the upper revs.....use a short ram!

Oh, and my eBay filter on the stock tubing works just fine imo....
            1992 Accord LX - SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by aww_shiet
              welcome to the board... yea like maroonaccord2.2 said.

i didn't go the CAI or Short-Ram route. i left mine looking stock n just removed the resonator. i've too many problems with cops hassling me with my modded parts. just a suggestion...
              ok, stupid question time here. Where is this resonator on the intake? I looked at it, but all I see is the black plastic tubes running to the airbox and the rubber hose out of the airbox into the IM. Am I missing something here? Also how much louder is the short ram intake than the stock airbox and hoses thing?
              1992 Honda Accord DX
              Coupe 5spd
              2.2 liter I-4 (code: F22a1)
              125hp @5200 rpm 137 lb/ft @4000 rpm

(\__/)
              (O.o )
              (> < ) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination!

Comment

SRI= less hassle, better gains overall.
                But damn bro you gotta search, this is like the billionth thread asking the same question.
                RICE COOKA!!

Comment

I have an SRI i made from a 92 Mitsu Eclipse GS, its worth it as long as you get a good setup.
                  JustBlaze

Comment

I give up....
                    1992 Accord LX - SOLD

Comment

imo short ram is the better way to go as of safety ... less chance of hydrolocking your engine. cai will possibly need a bypass valve..
                      <

(129)Transactions and counting

Comment

Originally posted by gofaster
                        ok, stupid question time here. Where is this resonator on the intake? I looked at it, but all I see is the black plastic tubes running to the airbox and the rubber hose out of the airbox into the IM. Am I missing something here? Also how much louder is the short ram intake than the stock airbox and hoses thing?
                        the resonator is below the fender. Any intake, including the stock one, will sound alot louder without a resonator. Aftermarket intakes can also produce whistling sounds that are annoying as fuck.
                        RICE COOKA!!

Comment

Originally posted by 92DX
                          the resonator is below the fender. Any intake, including the stock one, will sound alot louder without a resonator. Aftermarket intakes can also produce whistling sounds that are annoying as fuck.
                          ack u beat me to it! lol yea what 92DX said...

it's a lil louder, but it still looks stock. not as loud tho as an aftermarket SRI tho...
                          Omar | aww_shiet | Facebook | Instagram

Comment

well my brother taght me how to drive stick so as him and i drive its usualy in the higher rpms reagon anywhere from the 3-8 sometimes. you can really hear it in first gear but as soon as he pops it into second you can hear it scream like no other. so i guess i'm gonna go with the short ram. and to answer the other guys question yes for a cai you will need to get a bypas valve.
                            l8r

fghgfhf

Comment

Originally posted by hondamugen103
                              i would like to know which is better?
                              the v2 cold air filter down by the front passanger tire or the short ram intake under the hood?which one gives the better deep sound and more hp?
                              thanks Jason

I ought to Search Ninja your ass for not searching first.

Comment

Working...
                              X