Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

lowering spring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lowering spring

i just rented some spring compressors yesterday to take off my old springs. i clamped it down and compressed the spring. but when i tried to unbolt the top bolt, the top part of the strut would move too. is that supposed to happen? and the bolt wasnt even coming off
    Hold On Not Done Accelerating
    Had One Never Did Again

how much are those compressors costing you?
    It doesn't matter. Use whatever technique you like.
    However, Once I've said I'll kill you, your death is assured.

Comment

$120 but u get all of it back when u return it
      Had One Never Did Again

Comment

you need to stick an allen head in the middle while using a box end wrench to get it off.

The New-ish Ride
        My old Ride
        Hear my Vtak!!!
        MK3 Member #3
        I piss off people for fun.
        IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

He's Right^^^ I just used some vise grips...
          My Ongoing CB7 Project

Comment

Originally posted by NAiL05
            you need to stick an allen head in the middle while using a box end wrench to get it off.
            in the middle of wut? the shock or the top bolt?
            Had One Never Did Again

Comment

i tried the allen key and a wrench but it still turns
              Had One Never Did Again

Comment

I just used an Impact Gun and it came right off. Oh yeah BTW didn't use spring compressors hahaha. It just shot right out, oh man it was kool. But VERY dangerous!!!

My Official Vouch Thread

MY For Sale Thread!!!

Recent Members Sold To:
                ALOW1, TheNextAZN

Members Sold To (Vouches):
                ALOW1, Phempa, hpaccord91, aznsyco84, 93EXaesthetic, civic_90_08, wrichards2005, SuperTuner12010, JDM_EJ, Ralphie, cooneyb81, HondaFan81, quakerjoe, tanNn2koo, 91Accord-LX, JARHEAD293, TheNextAZN, (TONS MORE)

Comment

Before I bought my own spring compressors for like $20 at advance, I took a strut/spring assembly apart under pressure. The strut shot back towards my crotch like a torpedo, luckily my baggy pants acted like a parachute and saved my nuts. Don't do that, just compress the spring until you can rotate the top plate without the spring moving, then loosen the top nut with the closed-end wrench while using the allen key in the center to hold the piston/rod still. Only the thin-style (cheaper) spring compressor works on the Accord because the coils are so close together, I couldn't get my nice, locking spring compressor to fit into place.

The H22 Sleeper Sedan, updated 8/14
                  After 4 months down...It's back! and tucked.
                  Need a Swap or some work done in the DC/MD/VA/WV area?
                  PM me and get it done right!

Comment

the allen wrench and box end wrench should work to take apart. The other thing you could do is take them off as a whole and go to a person who has air tools and zip right off !! oh.. if you want to take them off under pressure just butt it up against a wall and hold it with your foot and it won't shoot across the room .. just give you a scare !!

Originally posted by Devergote
                    A CB7 with an H22, a clean paintjob, HIDs with a projector retrofit, some nice wheels, and a mild drop on H&R Sport springs and Koni Yellow shocks... that's the perfect car. I'd be happy with that for the rest of my life.

Comment

the easiest and safest way is to take the whole assembly apart and take it to a shop so they can pull them apart for you with air tools. A lot of times that allen on top of the strut gets stripped and its a real pain to get it apart with hand tools. Another thing you can do is put a pair of vise grips in between the coils clamping the shaft of the strut and turn the nut on top while you hold the vise grip, but only if you are putting new struts in. If you are using the same struts thats not a good idea because it will damage the strut. good luck

Comment

Working...
                      X