Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Turbo Exhaust

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Turbo Exhaust

I drove a friends accord, who has a short ram intake, and some kind of turbo exhaust. I LOVE the sound that the whole set up makes. I want to upgrade my exhaust and intake, but i dont want to risk buying an exhaust system/mufler unless I know what it sounds like. Where is a good place to go to sample mufflers and the like? A website? Any clue?

"Yo, I'll make them busta's pay us-
    Or I'll run up on the spot like CJ; from sanandreas"

Sometimes the Manufacture's website is the best place to look. Other then that it is really a matter of finding someone with a similar setup to yours and seeing and listening to what they have. The straighter the area that the muffler and tip meet the louder and usually deeper note the exhaust will put off. Depending on where you decide to purchase your system or muffler, they maybe able to put you in contact with someone with a system similar to one that would work on your car. The sound may not be an exact match but that is how you can at least get a rough idea of what to expect. That is what I did before I purchased my system. I talked to the guys at my local shop, Nu-Image Auto Salon in Kansas City, MO. They were able to let me see a video of a civic with the exact system that I was interested in. Like I said before it wasnt exact but it was awlful close. And I am very satisfied with my purchase. If you have any questions feel free to contact me. Just my two cents worth.

Comment

Does he have a turbo? A turbo back exhaust will not benefit an NA motor. The piping diameter is too big. If your NA just use the typical rsr or apexi which are close to OEM or whatever you prefer.

The New-ish Ride
      My old Ride
      Hear my Vtak!!!
      MK3 Member #3
      I piss off people for fun.
      IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

now what would you guys recommend if i just wanted a power boost but to not want people to hear me coming a mile away?

Comment

Working...
        X