Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Boost

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boost

Hey I have a Questions , I know that honda automatic transmissions are terrible at handling horsepower, but does anyone know how much HP does or is able to handle an auto trans. from my 91 trans with about 60,000 miles on it, since Im planing to run BOOST on it , and I cant afford the manual swap right now? any help would be great.

How about save the up cause me personally i would rather have a maunal boosted cb7!!!
    Originally posted by Makaveli2k
    Just goes to show, leave the JDM poses to the Nimble, sleek, asians. =)

Comment

you can boost with the auto trans. I just wouldnt recommend a high amount of boost to run on it since it would wear out the trans like a mofo.

The New-ish Ride
      My old Ride
      Hear my Vtak!!!
      MK3 Member #3
      I piss off people for fun.
      IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

it all depends on what turbo size you use (and injector size)
        the bigger the turbo the more hp (more cc the bigger w/ injectors)

example = 16g=200-300+hp > 14b=175-200+hp
        (450cc > 430cc )

but its only about 8-15hp at most lower than manual. (stick)
        but you should look into bulletproof trans. or new clutch packets at least...
        i think theres a couple of auto w/ boost here check member rides
        look at r33 i think his was auto???
        FS: DSM turbo parts,OEM parts, and more.....
        My Members Ride Thread - R.i.P

Comment

91accordexr33 was auto when he started.

Auto will wear out with high boost and abuse. However, if you keep it mild (under 250whp), maintain it, and don't pound on it, it should be fine. Automatics also keep the engine under load, so the turbo won't have time to slow down between shifts.

Level10 is a company that can strengthen your automatic transmission as well. It won't be as good as a manual transmission in good shape (driven by a good driver) but it'll still be potent. Having the transmission upgraded will cost a little more than a manual swap, but it'd be a little different... Plus, uninstalling and reinstalling your auto tranny is a hell of a lot easier than doing the swap!

Comment

the question shouldnt be how much boost the tranny can handle, it should be for how long.

we cant really answer this because we dont know the state your transmission is.

but on the usual, stock auto transmissions arent the strongest in the bunch, especially 15 year old ones. not only do they wear out easy, but they rob power from your engine.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

I was planning on boosting my auto but i researched it and unless your already planning on swapping to a manual and have one on hand for when the auto drops off bottom of the car i wouldnt sugest it. Its alot of load on the trans when it shifts.... the boost is at its most when your about to shift. and doesnt spin down instantly when you do shift so it stays over powered.

Its a bad combo unless you snail around like I do and dont plan on merging onto a freeway anytime soon. Im planning on ordering the full on kit and waiting for a good donar car and manual trans to swap in.

The plan: JDM F20a Boosted 6-8 PSI: Daily Driver.
              I cant Slam further. The ground refuses to get any lower.

Comment

Thanks for the info guys, Im planing on boosting it soon but I drive an auto, and am saving on that manual swap but I want that turbo asap, since thiers nothing like rolling at a red light and racing the guy next to you, smoking him in a wagon and then braging that you got smoked by a WAGON. good looking out guys

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
                  91accordexr33 was auto when he started.
                  Yes i was....i put 188 hp, 188 tq to the ground running pig rich, and was able to pull 15.1's @ 93 with a 2.3 60ft...then i blew the hell out of it by manually shifting it ( i wanted an excuse to go 5 spd )

5 spd conversion is a must, unless you go with level 10 tranny work

you got the F20A yet? hehe i got one for sale!
                  Last edited by Boost_Lee; 07-14-2006, 03:59 PM.

Formerly 91AccordExR33
                  11.68 @ 127mph
                  417whp/375wtq
                  Sold: 8/2016

Comment

whats a f20a and what does it come in?

Comment

Working...
                    X