Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

92 Accord wagon, power locks work too well

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

92 Accord wagon, power locks work too well

Or at least, I can no longer open the driver side door...

Here's the car info and history: It's a 1992 Accord LX wagon, I'm the second owner and it just turned over 190k. For the last year or two, when I lock the car from anywhere other than the driver side push knob, the drivers side knob wouldn't go down all the way the first try. If I hit the button or turned the key a couple of times, the drivers side knob would inch it's way down until that side was locked like everything else. Today, I unlocked the car using the key on the drivers side (which would normally only unlock that door) and the door wouldn't open. The handle has no effect, just as if the door were still locked. I went in through the passenger side and tried unlocking from there with the same result. The lock knob moves up and down as it has lately, but the door stays locked...

I'm guessing the power lock actuator on that side is moving the knob but not moving the actual lock mechanism. I don't have a service manual on this car, though I have an exploded diagram from a '91 manual. Problem is, to get in to look at that portion of the machanism you have to open the door (can't reach the screws holding the door panel in place with it closed).

Has anyone got suggestion on how I can get the door unlocked so I can open it to take apart? Am I going to have to destroy the door panel to get the door open? Anyone experienced something similar?

Hello, this might help:

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...r+stuck+closed
    '92 Accord LX Sedan--Bordeaux Red Pearl --OEM--279k Daily Driver
    EX Lip & Alpine OEM single CD Player. No more useless pocket!

Comment

Unfortunately, you work your way down that thread and the answer is a link to a web site that requires you to be a AutoTech eLearning customer to access. It looks like there's an Accord technical information bulletin that covers this issue. Does anyone know where else I could find that bulletin? (TIB 012: 90-93 / Opening a Door With a Stuck Door Latch) A quick Google search only shows that site...

Comment

Working...
      X