Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

swapping to h22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

swapping to h22

ok i want to order my h22 or h23 (still deciding) in a couple weeks maybe month if i cant keep this job. lol.

but my question is...

i have a 91 ex 4dr. would either motor mount up to my f22a motormounts or do i have get new ones?? if so which ones do i need??

im gettin the motor wit everything but the mounts. so it kinda sux.

all input is needed even helping deciding which motor. PLEASE AND THANKS!!
    CHECK MY CARDOMAIN HERE!!! FROM WHEN I 1ST GOT HER TO NOW!!!
    MY CARDOMAIN!!!!!

MYSPACE!!

1991 Honda Accord Ex
    Engine:

F22a, bullfrog ecu, short ram intake, revolution exhaust

Exterior:
    17'' Eagle Alloys
    6'' Grand Touring Wing
    Custom Paint (my own mix at paint shop and gray part on hood is now black)

Interior:
    Pretty much all stock.

i would say to save the extra cash and go for the h22 you will love it, all your stock mounts will mount right up, the only thing would be to replace your mounts if they are broken or you can fill them with urathane.
    Members Ride

Comment

SWWEEEEEETTTT!!!!!

so they mount right up. nise nise. so how long did it take you to do your swap. me and my brother (u.s.a.f. mechanic) are gonna do my swap.

how long should the basic swap take really??
      MY CARDOMAIN!!!!!

MYSPACE!!

1991 Honda Accord Ex
      Engine:

Exterior:
      17'' Eagle Alloys
      6'' Grand Touring Wing

Interior:
      Pretty much all stock.

Comment

Basic H22 swap shouldn't take no more than a day if you know what your doing. If you run into problems w/ like brackets and shit like that or exhaust problems then you'll have to come back on the boards. H22 is EASY swap. You'll be fine. Probably the only thing you'll have to work at is getting the VTAK wiring right. Have fun w/ the H22!

My Official Vouch Thread

MY For Sale Thread!!!

Recent Members Sold To:
        ALOW1, TheNextAZN

Members Sold To (Vouches):
        ALOW1, Phempa, hpaccord91, aznsyco84, 93EXaesthetic, civic_90_08, wrichards2005, SuperTuner12010, JDM_EJ, Ralphie, cooneyb81, HondaFan81, quakerjoe, tanNn2koo, 91Accord-LX, JARHEAD293, TheNextAZN, (TONS MORE)

Comment

it took me 2 weeks, but i had to wait for parts from honda for timing belt and the manual tensioner, but if i had everything, i would have taken me like 2 or three days,

not that hard, wiring was a little tricky, but that was my mistake since i didn't read the faq in the swap sections real good, that sections really helps you a lot.

good luck with everything and if you need help just ask
          Members Ride

Comment

h22

i plan on doing the swap f22 for the h22 and then headers and exhaust. the wiring is what scares me a little.
            1991 Honda Accord Lx 5spd manual

Comment

If you're using a prelude transmission, you'll need to move 2 of the studs (for the passenger side mount) to the untapped holes. Drill out the holes with an 11/32" drill bit and use a tap to make threads that match the stud. All the H and F series transmissions have the five holes in the casting that let them mount in a prelude or accord chassis.

The H22 Sleeper Sedan, updated 8/14
              After 4 months down...It's back! and tucked.
              Need a Swap or some work done in the DC/MD/VA/WV area?
              PM me and get it done right!

Comment

what I learned when I did my swap is to use your stock f22 axels and half shaft, took me a week to find that out. the h22 axels are too long.

Comment

I can also give you pic directions on where to wire your vtec pressure switch, vtec solenoid, knock sensor, intake air bypass solenoid. the four wires that u need to add on the wiring harness, if your using your stock accord harness.

Comment

Originally posted by aznpnoyracer
                    I can also give you pic directions on where to wire your vtec pressure switch, vtec solenoid, knock sensor, intake air bypass solenoid. the four wires that u need to add on the wiring harness, if your using your stock accord harness.

man that will help a lot. thats whats sort of scaring me is that vtec wires and harness.
                    MY CARDOMAIN!!!!!

MYSPACE!!

1991 Honda Accord Ex
                    Engine:

Exterior:
                    17'' Eagle Alloys
                    6'' Grand Touring Wing

Interior:
                    Pretty much all stock.

Comment

couldn't resist the H22 eh? looks like you're not going "all show" anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by minoreparations
                        couldn't resist the H22 eh? looks like you're not going "all show" anymore.

haha. couldnt resist. i drove my friends 93 h22 and loved it. i did a way better time than he did at some ghetto track we have back home. it was awesome. ever since then ive been saving up for my h series.
                        MY CARDOMAIN!!!!!

MYSPACE!!

1991 Honda Accord Ex
                        Engine:

Exterior:
                        17'' Eagle Alloys
                        6'' Grand Touring Wing

Interior:
                        Pretty much all stock.

Comment

Working...
                        X