Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Problem during Lowered cb7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem during Lowered cb7

Hey.Norwegian here.
    I just got lowered my euro accord with koni shocks and 40mm H&R springs and the results started pretty good in the back but in the front it lowered only a few mm!
    anybody had the same problem?

Ehm... sorry if my english is bad, i do my best
    Euro Accord 2.2i -93 (With Kw Coilovers )

hmm... maybe the springs need to settle more?

Comment

Originally posted by N9netwoAccord
      hmm... maybe the springs need to settle more?

yeah, maybe. it looks horrible anyway, i can lay out a picture on this thread of it.

Comment

Or maybe you installed the spring the wrong way..such as backs in the front and fronts in the back? How bad is it? It could also be because its not settled as mentioned.

The New-ish Ride
        My old Ride
        Hear my Vtak!!!
        MK3 Member #3
        I piss off people for fun.
        IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

[QUOTE=NAiL05]Or maybe you installed the spring the wrong way..such as backs in the front and fronts in the back? How bad is it? It could also be because its not settled as mentioned.[/QUOTE

after i installed the springs and shocks, the front has only droppet a few mm.
          And the rear turned out pretty nice. but the front looks like the original.
          But i can get some pics of it.

Comment

Take some pics! If we could see what it looks like, we could offer you better advice. To me, it does not sound like the springs are waiting to settle. I mean, a few mm is crazy. Something must have gone wrong in the install. Post pics though!

generic short-ram
            generic strut tower bar
            hid bulbs all around
            amber bumper + clear corners (soon to be amber)

Comment

post pics would like to see what your talking about....did you cut the bump stop any? i have heard some say that this helps the lowering of it.
              1991 Honda Accord
              www.animatedimages.org

Comment

it won,t uppload my pics! is there any other way besides that????

Comment

host them, then post the link with [img] [/img] wrapped around the link.

http://imageshack.us/ or www.photobucket.com

and it does sound like it needs to settle. mine took about 1-2 months to settle. it looked like stock when i has finished installing them.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

here we go

okay,here are the pics of my ride,can,t belive its lowered 40mm! it looks like it,s stock!
                    Last edited by Kenneth; 07-09-2006, 03:21 PM.

Comment

hmm, yea. that definitely needs to settle.

but just to make sure, did you put the big, fatter springs in the rear and the skinnier ones in the front?

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

What koni shocks are you using? Koni yellows? Try setting them on the lowest perch, as koni yellows can a height adjusting perch.

Comment

Originally posted by d112crzy
                          hmm, yea. that definitely needs to settle.

but just to make sure, did you put the big, fatter springs in the rear and the skinnier ones in the front?
                          Yes,i did put the big ones in the rear and the smaller ones in the front.
                          But if you turn the rear springs the other way,could that be the problem?
                          i am sure that the H&R writings on the spring, was the right way.

Comment

Originally posted by i97supratti
                            What koni shocks are you using? Koni yellows? Try setting them on the lowest perch, as koni yellows can a height adjusting perch.
                            Yes it,s yellow konis. i think i can lower it 15mm on them,not sure.

Comment

spring rate for the front springs is generally higher, so it needs more time to settle. evne afte rmine settled, i still hated the level stance, i like the sport rake, so i put some spring spacers in there, and that evened it up some

Comment

Working...
                              X