Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Ride height higher on one side

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ride height higher on one side

Hi I am newbie here.

I just change my front passenger side lower ball joint. The old balljoint was making squeky noise.

Suddenly the height of the front passeger side is higher then the driver side. Why is that?

All work were done by a mechanic. Is it possible that the new ball joint make the ride higher? Do I need to replace the driver side lower ball joint, too?

It cost me 55 bucks just to change one ball joint. Is that an expensive labour.

Help would be appreciated.

Thanks

I used to own an '89 LXi. I had to replace both front control arms and balljoints. Guy told me that when you do 1 side you better do the other.

I can almost guarantee that the new balljoint is the source of your problem.

$55? lol damn you got a deal. I paid out my ass for what I had done. Replaced parts because of that same exact squeaky noise. It was HORRIFIC in the winter time.

generic short-ram
    generic strut tower bar
    hid bulbs all around
    amber bumper + clear corners (soon to be amber)

Comment

i honestly dont think that a simple ball joint unless it is soo fuked like a pancake will even cause a height difference.

old springs and even new springs, when put up on a jack, those springs tend to take a bit of time to settle....happends to me all the time.
      What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

Originally posted by accordztech
        i honestly dont think that a simple ball joint unless it is soo fuked like a pancake will even cause a height difference.

old springs and even new springs, when put up on a jack, those springs tend to take a bit of time to settle....happends to me all the time.
        Before I replaced the passenger ball joint the height was even. I just replaced it three days ago, so do you think I just wait for it to settle? Or do I need to replace the driver side also?

One more things, when I turn the wheel right there is a krek....krek sound,but when I turn the wheel left there is no sound. What is wrong with that? The mechanic told me that it could be the bushing, but which bushing?

Help really appreciated.

Comment

did u replace just the ball joint or the whole a-arm assym?
          What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

Comment

did u replace just the ball joint or the whole a-arm assym?
            The ball joint only.

Comment

just wait a few days for ur suspension to settle.

but as for the squeeking, possibly the bushings on the a-arm just need a bit of grease. hard to say...

Retro!

Hater

Comment

just wait a few days for ur suspension to settle.

but as for the squeeking, possibly the bushings on the a-arm just need a bit of grease. hard to say...
                Thanks

Comment

make sure the spring is reseated properly. I thought that almost all hondas have a bit of a tendency to be a bit lower on the drivers side, nothing too dramatic though
                  My Accord
                  www.d1imports.com

Comment

you might be better to replace the other ball joint as thats what i have always been told also.
                    1991 Honda Accord
                    www.animatedimages.org

Comment

Originally posted by AI91accord
                      you might be better to replace the other ball joint as thats what i have always been told also.
                      That is what I have in mind, too. But like accordztech said that the suspension need some time to settle. If the height not getting even, I might consider changing the other ball joint, too.

Comment

Working...
                      X