Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

supercharger wit h22 swap jdm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

supercharger wit h22 swap jdm

ok heres the dill i got myself a h22 swap jdm a while back and i was gonna go turbo. now i hear all this about turbo being dangerouus wit the jdm motors becaus of compresion and sleeves and stuff. i thought about allmotor but that seems like just as much work as turbo but for less power

i been lookin into superchargers and that seems like it might be a better idea. i read that the jackson wont fit so that one is out. what about procharger? they make a universal sport compact kit. would that work? would i blow up my motor with that? the kit is intercooled.

has anyone done this? i dont even know if it fit.

your still gonna have to "build up" the h22. they are not ment to hold any sort of "prolonged" boost. well non of the honda engines are really built to hold boost. just that some hold boost better than others. but either way, you will have to build up your motor to a certain degree. and it also depends on how much presure your gonna add to the engine, will relay as to how much you have to build up the engine, to sustain the presure added. if that makes any cents at all.

Comment

Boost is boost. Turbo and S/C both do basically the same thing. They add pressurized air to the mixture in the cylinder. They just do it in different ways. The H22 compression is pretty high for any boost application. Not to say it can't be done, but you will have to build up the motor to handle it.
      Originally posted by Junior Smurff
      Nevermind guys, google search works wonders!

I don't have road rage, my car just goes faster than yours!

Accords are for winners. And Grandmothers. But mostly winners.

I have grown so Tired of Internet Illiteracy. Please learn proper spelling and grammar. For your sake and that of your children.

Comment

^ Boost is bleeding BOOST. Sorry, kiddie pool.. breathe.....

Stupidcharging would be harder on the engine over a turbo setup, reguardless.

And now some Honda mathmatics.

h22 + boost + improper tuning + shit bagged every day = iminent death.
        h22 + boost + decent tune + shit bagging = death.
        h22 + boost + good tune + nicely driven = death eventually.

h22's arent made for boost. N/A please and thank you. If you want to boost an h22a so bad, look at what people like Accord SiR have done with their engines. When done properly, the results are astounding, but does your bank agree?
        Last edited by Dv8; 07-03-2006, 01:34 PM.

Comment

I've actually wondered about this myself...

Most superchargers only boost to 6-8psi, I believe (I have to check out the procharger to see if that's the case there). 6-8psi on a 10.6:1 H22 SHOULD work with proper tuning. Yes, it's high compression, but the boost is fairly low.

One of the major fears with turbocharging the H22 is overboosting. When the wastegate fails and the turbo boosts more than expected, things break. With the supercharger, it's mechanical... so unless your pulley magically changes size mid-run, you're not going to have an unexpected increase in boost pressure.

The procharger is intercooled, you say? I assume that's a centrifugal supercharger (since the roots blowers availible for the H22 don't fit in a cb7). Intercooling means it'll be creating less heat than most superchargers.

Turbo style intercooling, mechanical boost limitation (and regularity)... I would think that would make it quite easy to tune. I want to see where this is going!

Comment

The h22 is a better motor to keep N/A, mostly because of the sleeves and compression.... Other than that I dont think it would be easy to strap a super charger to the motor, because the motor is foreign to your car... If you had a Prelude then the kit would be more than likely a bolt-up project... A turbo is'nt as bad as it sounds, because it will be easier and cheaper than trying to fit a supercharger to the h22... This leaves only 2 path's that you can take---N/A or Turbo. Pick one.
            (\__/)
            (O.o )
            (> < ) This is Bunny. He will eat your face.

Comment

He said the Procharger kit was universal... probably comes with a modifiable bracket (I think I read something about that, actually). That means it COULD fit...

The compression is the killer, not the sleeves. The FRM sleeves are actually VERY strong, and good for cooling purposes. The problem is that low compression pistons aren't compatible (unless $1000+ is plunked down for some Mahle FRM compatible ones).

Comment

Naaaaaaaaturalllyyyy Asperateedddd

Comment

Originally posted by Dv8
                  Naaaaaaaaturalllyyyy Asperateedddd
                  Thaaaaatttt'sss nottttt whattt heeeee'sss asssskinnnggg.

If you can't contribute to the conversation, don't bother.

I just looked into the procharger. I can't find ANY pictures of similar motors showing how it would be mounted... from the looks of the kit, it almost seems like it would mount down near where the AC compressor is, and be driven directly from the crank. If it's roughly the same size as the AC, I don't see why it wouldn't fit. The first obstacle is fitment. If you can get it in there, you can make it work.

Next problem is the compression. Low compression head gaskets aren't a great idea, though they have been used by many in the past. I don't know if it's possible to drop .6 or more with a gasket though (I figure getting it down to US spec compression would make it a bit safer).

Intercooling makes it a bit safer with the higher compression. I would DEFINITELY suggest going with the 3 core intercooler upgrade they list there. Cooler intake charge means less chance of detonation... which, of course, is the reason why the high compression is a problem.

I think proper CAREFUL tuning might be able to overcome the threat of detonation. You'll want to fly MRX out to tune your motor, and probably invest in some dyno time as well!

Comment

jackson racing makes a kit for the h22 so it will work and it also depends on what kind of supercharger your wanting to run.Roots or cintrifigull (wow i can't spell) and the boost they run depends on the size of the pully you get with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Stan2.2
                      jackson racing makes a kit for the h22 so it will work and it also depends on what kind of supercharger your wanting to run.Roots or cintrifigull (wow i can't spell) and the boost they run depends on the size of the pully you get with it.
                      JR doesn't fit.

Comment

That's a B16. I don't see the supercharger anywhere, which suggests it's tucked down by the crank. Interesting...

Comment

I dont know much about superchager / turbo but wouldnt there be a certain version of the h22 that would be more friendly. If i remember right the early h22a were closed or semi closed decks well the other h22a* were all open. If I am wrong someone point it out.

"Real intelligence is like a river; the deeper it is, the less noise it makes.”

Click Me

Comment

Right, the older H22s (the OBD1 versions, which is normally what you get when you get a JDM swap) are closed deck. that's just for exreme cases though... both are fine for mild use such as this.

Comment

thanks deevs

yeah this isnt abut if i want to go turbo or naturaly asparated. i want to do something differnt. they make supercharger kits ofr the nwer h22 preludes which are 10:1 compressin. does that .6 really make that much more difference? if i tune it it should be good right?

sounds to me like ignorant advice being thrown around here. i wish someone with actual experience would help out. damn noob forum. oh well

Comment

Working...
                              X