Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

f22 with h23 head question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

f22 with h23 head question

I've found a kid that claims he will sell me an f22 with the h23 head already on it. I've been interested in this engine but I havent heard much on what main problems/personality they have. what are sum thihngs I should be careful or watch on this engine?? thanx for the feedback

i've heard of no problems the only thing u will get is horesepower gains. Imean bigger and better I/M twin cam head suckin in more air and pushing more air out sounds like a good deal to me. how much does he want?

Comment

ive got over 1000 miles on mine, with no issues. 13psi every day.

instagram @mikeymeyagi

Comment

Originally posted by LoDollar92LX
        ive got over 1000 miles on mine, with no issues. 13psi every day.
        hm sounds good did you use the original block and just rebuild it? i was thinking of doing this, about how much does an h23 head cost and out of curiosity what kind of turbo setup do you have?

Comment

The kid said he would sell it to me for 300. he had it in his prelude but then swapped for the h22 and wants it gone. I wanted to turbo it aswell, but that'll probably be a while cuz I wana reinforce the block an head a lil more than stock. thankx for the help, once my truck sells that f22b DOHC is mine!!

Comment

Originally posted by OwninUSince1902
            hm sounds good did you use the original block and just rebuild it? i was thinking of doing this, about how much does an h23 head cost and out of curiosity what kind of turbo setup do you have?
            its about 300 for the h23 head.

Comment

Originally posted by dejected7
              The kid said he would sell it to me for 300. he had it in his prelude but then swapped for the h22 and wants it gone. I wanted to turbo it aswell, but that'll probably be a while cuz I wana reinforce the block an head a lil more than stock. thankx for the help, once my truck sells that f22b DOHC is mine!!
              how you gonna reinforce the head? and what about the g22? or are you saying that the hybrid your friend constructed is an f22b?

Comment

what he said was its an f22b with the h23 head, all for 300. thats why at first I was skeptical cause a guy on here was doing one and said that it costed him like 2k to get everything! the head I was gona see if I could find sum hardened components, and block wise the main thing is I want to get it sleeved, nuthin heavy duty thickness wise though (ive had a block crap out cuz of week cylinder walls in a prior car) but that's what I'm going on right now. I'm gona go bak out next week and see the engine, so hopefully all will be revealed then

Comment

usdm f22bx or jdm f22b dohc block? im thinking he meant f22a with h23 head, which basically makes for an f22b dohc or h23 engine, they are very similar.

and whomever said the engine sucks in more air, thats not entirely tru. it makes its power because the fuel burns way better. f22a fuel and ignition maps are very similar to dohc f22b's. so, thats telling you something. if it obviously didnt need much more fuel to run, its not sucking in more air than the f22a was. now, it does of course need more fuel in some places, but thats expected, since it is a different engine.

300 for the engine is a deal. you can even run it with your old accord ecu.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

awesum! thanx for all the help and feedback, I know I'll be having more questions once I do get it and start swapping it in2 my 92.

Comment

i think your friend is a retart

check the engin codes b4 you do anything
                      check the block code and the head codes to make sure hes not a tool

the build and demise
                      buy stuff i want a new car

Comment

If it is a F22/H23 Frank and he only wants $300 for it i'd say go for it thats cheap.
                        CircusBHam SoCal OutLawz

Comment

well the upside is he isnt a friend of mine, juz sum punk at school that leeches off of mommy and daddy. he has bout 6K of ma'z an popz money in that h22 he has. I'm an f22 fan myself, an if he's willing to sell me a dohc on an f22 block then I dont have much to lose considering I've got the stock f22a I think it is, but yeah

Comment

Working...
                          X