Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

this has got to be my 3rd question about this subjsect IAB WIRES?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

this has got to be my 3rd question about this subjsect IAB WIRES?

okay I've been researching about this for a week now and still no real answers, pls. cb7 help me out, if you done a h22 swap, where does the negative and the positive wires go for the IABS (intake air bypass solenoid) for the h22? its the one with the pink, yellow/black, and yellow/red wires. I know where the pink one goes but I just need to know where the other 2 wires go, I can seem to find anwers on faqs or other web sites. so pls help. it mention somewhere that the one for the positive goes to the distributer accord wiring harness but I cant seem to find it, If u help me where that is let me know, Who ever answers this for me I will bowdown to u call u the MAN!
    Last edited by aznpnoyracer; 07-02-2006, 12:53 AM.

dude your so lost. the IAB has NOTHING to do with the dam distributor. one is ground, one is +12 volt. that should be it.
    To have loved and lost is better than to have never loved at all #CB7Life

Comment

okay, firs of I'm not lost I got these infos from the ultimate h22 swap guide, its turning out to be nt so ultimate. pink wire went to pin a17 wich i know, then the neg im guessing just to put it into a ground on the car and the 12v wich the mechanics stated to wire it to the same color of wire to the distributer to power it. if this is not correct pls. state how to. thanks u guys

Comment

here is the link for the part that states to connect it to the distributer wiring harness for the accord.http://sportcompactcarweb.com/tech/0...2_engine_swap/

Comment

instead of going to the dizzy go to a +12 volt like the battery and be done with it
          To have loved and lost is better than to have never loved at all #CB7Life

Comment

your right use a tap splice of appropriate guage to join yel/blk to dizzy. pink wire to ecu a17

as for the yel/red wire..i read the article you linked

The intake air temperature sender is located at the end of the intake manifold on the H22 vs. the middle of it on the F22. Extend its red/yellow and green/white wires to fit.

if that isnt it then it may be for the knock sensor wire. our accord doesn't have one, so maybe you haven't added it yet

The knock sensor circuit (red/blue), which isn't there on the stock F22, is added at the same break out as the oil pressure sending wire by using the pigtail from the Prelude harness. This wire connects to the subharness and then to ECU pin D3.

The new wire will run through a subharness with the IAB and VTEC control wires and eventually to ECU pin D3.(possibly the wire your talking about?)

hope i can help
            regards x

link below for h22 swap..hope it helps
            http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...&threadid=5423
            Last edited by xfactortype1; 07-02-2006, 01:45 AM.

Comment

thanks the yellow and black wire for the dizzy, isnt that the wire were u hook up your after market tach? cuzz thats where mine is.

Comment

think so but im not 100% sure. i dont have an aftermarket tach.
                regards

x

Comment

anyone know if this infact is the wire I should connect my 12v to my iabs and isnt that the same wire that people hook up their tach?

Comment

The pink/black wire for the IAB is connected directly to the ECU and when it reaches the proper RPM the wire is GROUNDED. NOT 12v, the ecu sends a ground signal.
                    They say run the positive to the wire on the dizzy because thats the closest SWITCHED 12v source for the IAB"s.

Comment

Originally posted by bruno8747
                      The pink/black wire for the IAB is connected directly to the ECU and when it reaches the proper RPM the wire is GROUNDED. NOT 12v, the ecu sends a ground signal.
                      They say run the positive to the wire on the dizzy because thats the closest SWITCHED 12v source for the IAB"s.
                      thanks alot yall

Comment

Personally, I would leave the distributor alone...

Customarily, an aftermarket tach would be connected to the BLUE wire out of the dizzy.

As far as a +12V source for the IAB's there is a black/yellow wire that runs the solenoids in the engine bay. It is the same wire that runs the hi power intake duct on your stock intake (the solenoid and diaphragm in the lower tube), and if your car was ever an automatic, it also ran the solenoid on the rear dual chamber engine mount. I do believe there were a couple of other small accessories that it ran, but I can't remember off the top of my head.
                        The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

so tell me without getting fme confused on where I should hook this 12v volt up, and the neg wire I swhould hook it up on a ground source huh.

Comment

Originally posted by aznpnoyracer
                            so tell me without getting fme confused on where I should hook this 12v volt up, and the neg wire I swhould hook it up on a ground source huh.

There are 2 wires that run the IAB's. The negative wire is the pink one that runs to ECU pin A17...

The only other wire you have to worry about is the black/yellow. You can either run a wire over to where the stock intake solenoid was mounted on the passenger side fender (the little 2 pin plug will have a black/yellow wire), or you can start at that wire and trace it across the engine bay. This is the same wire that would have run the IAB setup, had your car been equipped with it from the factory.

On auto equiped cars, this wire also runs along the firewall, over to the rear engine mount solenoid mounted on the firewall.
                            The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Thanks U Guys Just Fixed It And Problem Solved, You Guys Are The Shit! Thanks

Comment

Working...
                              X