Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

purpose of IACV?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

purpose of IACV?

i know this sounds really noobish and a guy like me that is going into ITB's should know this but i dont

what purpose does this serve? what would happen if i went to remove it?
    what woulkd happen? would the car just idle really low?

thanks guys
    I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

It's a "Intake Air Control Valve". If you disconnect it the car will run pretty funny, like half throttle the revs will bounce. also it will adjust the idle revs to compensate for engine load from things like A/C.
    ~~~~~~~

Comment

it just keeps your idle about where it should be regardless of load (mentioned above) or engine temp, etc..........makes sure the idle is about right no matter what the fuck you're doing
      ....and on the 7th day, deevergote rested and called his mom.

Comment

take it out it's worthless... like an appendix!

WEEIIGGHHTT REDDUUCCTTIOONNNN BBIITCCHHH!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by EuroSpec
          take it out it's worthless... like an appendix!

WEEIIGGHHTT REDDUUCCTTIOONNNN BBIITCCHHH!!!!!!
          Pointless....Anyway as people already mentioned before me what it does. As for the ITB setup there is software that controls it. Dunno how to use it but several types of software can help it out. I think AEM EMS is one of them and there are like a couple more.

The New-ish Ride
          My old Ride
          Hear my Vtak!!!
          MK3 Member #3
          I piss off people for fun.
          IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

hmm, so do you think it is possible to have the car run without it?
            because the only way i could use it would have to be a custom adapter plate.
            like shown ehre
            I <3 G60.

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k
              hmm, so do you think it is possible to have the car run without it?
              because the only way i could use it would have to be a custom adapter plate.
              like shown here
              I'd talk to people around the forum that have (or had) ITBs.
              2point6 & Mr. Mike are two people that I'm pretty sure have ran ITB's in the past. I think there were a few more as well...
              ~~~~~~~

Comment

I just cleaned mine the other day...and all I can say is damn! I had so much carbon deposits in there.....as soon as I flushed it out and cleaned the mesh screen in there, my car idles more smoothly than b4 and I also noticed a slight increase in gas mileage! I'm guessing all that carbon buildup, (14 years) and it was never cleaned during the engine swap so now my engine can breathe a little more better i guess? I'm going for the EGR and EGR ports next....
                I need a custom turbo manifold built....
                707 NorCal NinjaZ

Honda Twincam Motorwerkz?
                "I am the Yakuza CB7!"
                '92 Accord Sedan SiR

Comment

we bybassed it on a friends car and the outcome was like what was stated above. it was somewhat normal while driving, but it made the throttle super sensitive. the car would lurch forward when you let off the gas and vise versa. later.
                  Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

Originally posted by TypeG
                    we bybassed it on a friends car and the outcome was like what was stated above. it was somewhat normal while driving, but it made the throttle super sensitive. the car would lurch forward when you let off the gas and vise versa. later.
                    so bypass as in not habving it on and the coolant lines would just be looped or whatever right?
                    I <3 G60.

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k
                      so bypass as in not habving it on and the coolant lines would just be looped or whatever right?
                      he had a homemade plate similar to the one above and a coupler to loop the coolant lines. later.
                      Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

the crazy thing is when i started taking my manifold off i forgot to tighten the iavc so it was loose and i had no drivability issues (no serious ones at least, idled okay)
                        I <3 G60.

Comment

Working...
                        X