Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Making my motor v-tec

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ok well i really wanted to make my motor vtec but i mean which head is the best to do it. You Guys just tell me which one is the best to put onto my motor and i will leave you all alone....just kidding lol but i am just trying to shoot for an answer because my friend is giving me her head off of her old motor which is a 1999 honda accord ex which has a vtec motor in it and i just want to know if that head will fit my car or if it doeasnt which head is the best for my car because as soon as it is vtec im gonna mod it alot more i just need answers like will i need an vtec ecu out of a 94 accord vtec and will it plug and play or will i need to replace wiring harness too all answers greatky appreciated im jus 17 years old guys im sorry if im nagging you guys for this shit

Comment

if its out of a 99 accord its and f23 head which ive heard is a bitch to put on. if you looking for ease the b1 head isnt as difficult as the h22 head would be. but if u want more powering starting out the the h22 head would be better. but either way you will need to modify your engine harness, get the correct ecu/chipped ecu, etc.

My Members Ride Thread
      Originally posted by deevergote
      You have to think outside the box to get IN the box!

Comment

if you want v tech without getting a new motor then dont plan on doing anything to your car at all. I doubt you can afford a frankenstine. I wouldnt even suggest you try it just save your money and keepyour car in running condition. that way later down the road you can get an h22 or a f20b and then even later on when you have done much needed reading you may consider boosting one or the other. Which ever motor you decide on, both motors need exstensive block building up and a really fine tune for them to be reliable and good boosters.
        F22b + MP1A = mad fun for me now. . .

MY RIDE
        My swap parts list and pricing

vouches:
        Bought from: Smeagren83(quite a few times now LOL), 97lude, AZaccord, M3torz2nR, g7kobayashi, sickoffthe206 and Kurobei, Jarhead, prNonVtec4u, caserX

Sold to: Snailin91, Smeagren83, cb7dazz, Drummersteve7, Slick

Comment

ok so if i saved up the money i have saced and keep going whick i have saved up 750 dollars so far whick was going to help instal the head and corection its a 97 accord the head came off so i believe its a f22b1 but also if i kep saving my money build my motor crank cams pistons sleeves all the good stuff then i turbo it thats plenty of power and a lil easier then going vtec then building then turbo correct?

Comment

Isnt the f22b1 v-tec? But why dont you just keep the f22aX and turbo if you want turbo or go get a h22a? its gonna cost around the same, I mean you can build yourself a cheap kit but if you want to build it up the block and everything. Just get a h22 and forget the frankenstien or sohc v-tec IMO.
            ..It's not cheap to build a fast CB7, especially NA. However, if you're willing to put the money into the car, it's well worth it in the end. There ARE faster cars out there, but some people, like me, want THIS particular car to be fast!...
            Sold to:tanNn2koo,9tAkord,ThrakBarts,nahmo,andrizzle,or anger
            Bought from:93a-lude, bruno8747, soysauce

1993 H22A cb7 <3 miss you
            04 WRX stg 2 sedan
            Current - 02 WRX stg 2 wagon

Comment

hey man... welcome to the forum!!!

Planning on setting up a meet up here in Tucson sometime soon... you should come!

hit me up on aim sometime: Phempa420

Peace

Comment

alright that sounds good thanks everyone for all the advice

Comment

Originally posted by mcdizzle
                  but v-tec isnt everything.
                  werd. i wish people would realize that before they flame me for wanting an Si lude.

Comment

I know this probably contributes nothing to this topic but... its spelled VTEC. Not V-tec or V-Tech. Just wanted to point it out, its a pet peeve of mine.
                    My Members Ride page!

Comment

VTAK!!!

True it isnt everything, but for a all motor honda it is. imo
                      ..It's not cheap to build a fast CB7, especially NA. However, if you're willing to put the money into the car, it's well worth it in the end. There ARE faster cars out there, but some people, like me, want THIS particular car to be fast!...

04 WRX stg 2 sedan

Comment

Originally posted by myk
                        VTAK!!!

True it isnt everything, but for a all motor honda it is. imo
                        What's VTAK? Virtualizer Turbinator Actuator Kinetizer?

I don't think VTEC compares to a turbo like it was said to be, but it does give more bang for your buck
                        RICE COOKA!!

Comment

When your driving down the road and you hit vtec at wot in second on a h22 its like instant omg wtf bbq kick in the pants.(well if you drove crappy none vtec hondas before) It happens faster than a turbo that has to spool up but they both pull @ there respective rpm's

04 WRX stg 2 sedan

Comment

Exactly Thats Why I Want VTEC

Comment

Originally posted by JDMCB7Tuner
                              Exactly Thats Why I Want VTEC

ok man ill put it this way.....

H22 swap: stock you'll be puttin like 190hp to the wheels. now if you add on a few things like, intake, headers, exhaust, cams(dont forget valve springs), cam gears, underdrive pullyes, lightwieght flywheel, and an aftermarket clutch. you should be pushing around like 220hp to the wheel( correct me if im wrong H22 owners)

F22 turbo : youll get just about the same amount all that crud you put into the H22. maybe a lil less. either way you'll get the same reaction for boosting your f22 that you would for swaping an H22 in(if not better for the boost )

its all up to you homeboy. dont fall into the thing where you think you have to HAVE a VTEC. you could get the same numbers from a non-VTEC that you could from a VTEC. but if you stay with your f22 and boost it, it would cost you a whole lot less( unless you do the swap yourself or have a friend that will charge you next to nothing for it)

Comment

H22 in stock form puts 165-170 to the wheels. IHE will put down about 175-180 to the wheels before tuning (those mods usually create a rich situation with the stock P13). After tuning, 180-190... maybe. Assuming that the IHE mods are moderate, and not crazy stuff like SMSP. 220 to the wheels takes some considerable mods... at the very lease, you'll need an expensive header, good cams, and good tuning.

The H22 will be a stock motor. As long as you get a healthy one, you can actually increase the life of your car by doing the swap. Bolt on mods can probably get you to mid-to-low 14s, if you get quality. Nitrous might push you into the high 13s (I wouldn't go with more than a 50 shot). Turbo is a bad deal unless you're willing to shell out some serious cash... even then, you're introducing a whole new system to maintain and repair. More things to break.

Boosting the F22 can be done cheaply, but don't expect crazy reliability from a cheap system. A t3/t04 turbo is honestly the best size for the F22, and you don't find those cheap. 14b, t25, etc... all will work, but they produce a good amount of heat. Don't use these turbos unless you a) don't mind blowing up your motor, or b) just want to get a system ON there... with plans for upgrades in the near future. I personally was somewhere in between there... but I never got that far. To go turbo the right way, it'll cost at least as much as an H22, if not more.

Boost is NOT as reliable as a healthy H22 in stock form. Many people will tell you that a properly tuned turbo motor will be just as good, but it's not so. Turbo puts a strain on the motor. It adds heat. Unless you spend 50% of your driving time over 5200 RPM with an H22, it'll be more reliable than a turbo F22.

Comment

Working...
                                X