Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Replace engine or no?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Replace engine or no?

So I bought a CB7 and the engine has over 211 thousand miles. I wanted to replace it with a F22B, however, my girlfriend thinks I should save my money (I dont make much and thats why) and just wait until it breaks and replace parts. I think it would be a wiser choice to drop a newer engine into it so I dont have to wait until it breaks and then be out a car while the engine is being fixed. What do you guys think?

i say replace the engine now or if your girlfriend said wait until it breaks just beat the crap outta the car until it goes
    visit www.fourgasm-motorsports.com
    For sale-Brand new stock f22a clutch and also have stock flywheel pm for details or prices

Comment

i think your girls say right! your engine is in great shape? save some money for a major upgrade like h22 or turbo another one... it's funny to see how far a f22a1 can go!

almost stock...

Comment

Engine seems to be in good shape. Pulls nicely, and no leaks (from what I can see). There is only one thing, the idle goes a little low sometimes, but I think thats no big deal.

Comment

Stick with what you got.

Your girl is right. I would stick with what you got for now. Sounds like your still running pretty strong. Just check the Idle speed other then that sounds like your in very good shape and like has been said before, do what I'm doing save the money for a swap. Im running the stock motor in my cb7 until either it drops dead (not likely) or I have enough saved up for a swap. Just my two cents.

Comment

yes just save up as much money as you can so when it does blow up you will have the money to reaplace with whatever engine you are intersted in and plus my car has 210,000 it still runs strong and i already got aomw monwy saved up for the f22b DOHC then turbo
            ________
            Disability insurance advice
            Last edited by Davids92Accord; 04-09-2011, 02:52 AM.

CLICK ON SIG FOR MEMBERS RIDE
            "2SIIC"
            Authentic Jerseys for sale
            http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=188314

Comment

First wut F22B DOHC jdm or USDM if u want get another one just get a long block and bolt up to the tranny i say get a F22 DOHC and bolt it up to your a1 trans then Boost that bad boy. that shit would be a Freeway monster with those long ass gears on the a1 tranny

Comment

i agree wit the others. just run it until it dies.

or...

if you want you can get another f22a1 or a6 motor and build that up then when your other motor dies you go a built motor already. turbo and all. thats wat i would do

Comment

Originally posted by Turbo92EX
                  First wut F22B DOHC jdm or USDM if u want get another one just get a long block and bolt up to the tranny i say get a F22 DOHC and bolt it up to your a1 trans then Boost that bad boy. that shit would be a Freeway monster with those long ass gears on the a1 tranny
                  That was my plan minus the turbo. I know I wont have enough cash flow to keep it strong or to even piece it all together.

Comment

i say stick it out and then when it does go, get an h22

93 Accord Ex Sedan

Comment

200k miles on a honda is nothing as long as you have changed the oil and timming belt regularly. there are plenty on maintained hondas that have made it to 500k+ miles. later.
                      Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

Originally posted by Cuddles
                        That was my plan minus the turbo. I know I wont have enough cash flow to keep it strong or to even piece it all together.
                        oh, you will want the turbo. besides, i have 299k miles..you've got a teenager. its got some life left.

Comment

exactly maybe you dont want the turbo right now maybe it doesnt sound like a bad idea but just wait it might not kick in now or later but one day it will and you are gonna wanna turbo that bad boy
                          ________
                          BMW R1150RT
                          Last edited by Davids92Accord; 04-09-2011, 02:52 AM.

"2SIIC"

Comment

Hmmmm...turbo...then I need stopping power....then Ill need something to make it handle nice....next thing you know Ive dropped over 5 grand into it...I hate hobbies

Comment

well yea its gonna cost alot but then again i think it will be well worth it
                              ________
                              Gm-Avtovaz Specifications
                              Last edited by Davids92Accord; 04-09-2011, 02:53 AM.

"2SIIC"

Comment

Working...
                              X