Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

lowering my car?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lowering my car?

wat are some good coilovers to lower my car? i want some that are not to expensive but not to cheap and that are good? where can i get them?

THIS IS ONLY THE BEGINNING!!!

Ground Controls = Expensive, but the really good
    Skunk 2 = A lil cheaper than Ground Controls and are good

Places to look for:
    Ebay
    The for sale thread here

Originally posted by cp[mike]
    oh well. its just a car, its not the end of the world.

Comment

eibach springs ftw
      and tokico or kyb shocks

Comment

do you want just a sleeve coil-over as listed above or a full (true) coilover?

Comment

Ebay

Check out the selection on Ebay. Thats where a few friends of mine bought their kits. Just need to find a reliable seller that has ALL the pieces to the kit. A guy I know bought a used coil over kit. Looked awesome but the wrenches to adjust the height werent included. Took him a while to find some that would work. I dont remember what brand they were but he got them for like 75 bucks and other then the wrench he hasnt had any trouble with them. Just my two cents

Comment

a good set of coilovers are gorund control and skunk2. a good set of fullcoilovers are tein. more of the basic kind but should suit your needs.
            My members ride thread

Comment

i heard coil overs ride rough true or false

Comment

Originally posted by ampzoner
                true

Not my fault my dick only fits magnums.
                Why drink and drive when you can smoke and FLY?

Comment

Originally posted by alilandaverde
                  wat are some good coilovers to lower my car? i want some that are not to expensive but not to cheap and that are good? where can i get them?
                  if you not hardcore racing, get gr-2 and some eibach springs, not 2 stiff or suff
                  and car wont be all over the place.
                  whole thing prob run for 250 maybe alil more but i dont think more than 300.

Not my fault my dick only fits magnums.
                  Why drink and drive when you can smoke and FLY?

Comment

coilovers themselves do not ride rough it is the springs. even some springs can ride rough depending on the spring rates. if u have some stiffer springs, get either agx (although ride hiehgt will rise a bit) or koni's. gr-2 will suffice if u r not looking into a great ride or don;t want to shell out 400+ for struts. depending on ride hiehgt and spring rates the gr-2's may blow. but in general NO coilovers are not rough. u just need to PROPERLY match the coilovers with new struts. simple as that. either way when u lower the car u want to replace struts
                    My members ride thread

Comment

Originally posted by ampzoner
                      opinions vary. later.
                      Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

Originally posted by amd3dnow3
                        if you not hardcore racing, get gr-2 and some eibach springs, not 2 stiff or suff
                        and car wont be all over the place.
                        whole thing prob run for 250 maybe alil more but i dont think more than 300.
                        eibach springs alone run over 200 bucks. 220 for pro-kits and 230 for sportlines i think. unless you find them used or a screamin good deal.

Comment

Working...
                        X