Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

ac take out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, that's about it. Not nearly as difficult as a timing belt.

How come you want to just remove the compressor anyway? You do know that it's a free spinning pulley when the AC is off... the parasitic drag is negligable. Weight savings for just the compressor is about 15lbs at best... If you don't NEED it out for any reason, I would just leave it in there.

Comment

well mine is seeming to start to seize up kind of.... i dont know if theres bearings or something in there but my wreck hit that part pretty hard and the bay will just look so much better without it and i probably will take out some of the other stuff but i still want heat for the winter

Comment

sieze up? How do you know its the compressor?

Comment

yeah good job 93accordtuner. thanks for taking my post. sike j/k. yeah i just want to take my compressor out and all i need is the dx belt well then my and accordtuner should do this. i just want the engine bay room. my girl doesnt want me to take it out but shes gunna have to get over it but other that i dont see any reason to keep the ac in when i dont even use it.

Comment

by seize up i mean its harder for the belt to turn now because in the wreck my radiator support got pushed all the way in the engine bay and hit the goldish color pulley on the A/C compressor and now its just slightly crooked and i dont use the damn A/C at all so i figure i mind as well loose it cause it will help in some little way.

Comment

ok so my friend and i both just got the DX belts from autozone (goodyear belt $14.99) but what the hell do we hook the belt back up to??? if the compressor is taken away then what does the DX belt go to? i know theres a pulley that the old belt ataches to that it goes araound but what else?

Comment

anybody know?

Comment

Working...
                X