Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Question about CAI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question about CAI

I know that th debate between CAI and SRI is not over :P but I wanna kwon what the best between a CAI or SRI for long distance because I live 400 miles away from my hometown and I go there like 2 time a month. So i know that SRI will breath a lot of hot air in summer on a long trip but can it harm my engine?

Is the normal air filter better than a SRI for long distance to ??

THX

The way the discussion always ends up from what I see is that people say the SRI is better for top end and the CAI is better for low end.

Now I know it's sort of comparing apples to oranges but I had this setup:

2001 Toyota Camry w/ SRI (auto)
    1993 Honda Accord w/ CAI (manual)
    1994 Honda Accord w/ stock airbox (lower resonator removed) (manual)

The 2001 Camry did not gain any low end with the SRI, and I did see a SLIGHT increase in fuel economy on long runs (i.e. Nashville to Atlanta)

The 1994 is stock pretty much so I'll use it as a comparison on the 1993

The 1993 Accord had about the same miles as the 1994 and it had more torque without a shadow of doubt. I believe in my heart it was the CAI (AEM) that gave it this difference. I could pull better in 5th at 70 than I can in my 1994.

Sooo... I say the SRI you have now will probably do you well on long trips but I'd make sure I had a K&N filter on it

Comment

There are pros and cons and I think there was a discussion over this.

The New-ish Ride
      My old Ride
      Hear my Vtak!!!
      MK3 Member #3
      I piss off people for fun.
      IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Originally posted by croc-note
        I know that th debate between CAI and SRI is not over :P but I wanna kwon what the best between a CAI or SRI for long distance because I live 400 miles away from my hometown and I go there like 2 time a month. So i know that SRI will breath a lot of hot air in summer on a long trip but can it harm my engine?

Is the normal air filter better than a SRI for long distance to ??

THX
        sri wont harm your engine

Comment

Why not get some tubing an run it up to the S/R so therefore you sorta got the best of both worlds your cold air will be directed at your S/R pod filter eliminating some of that hot air.

Thats my plan for the future
          1990 H22A Lowered Accord
          DC Sports 4-2-1 Ceramic headders
          KYB Gas Strut Suspension
          ROH Mags
          2 x 15" MTX 8000 Series Subs
          Alpine Amps
          Clarion 6 stacker and EQ
          Boston 6&1/2 Splits in the front
          Clarion 5&1/4 in the rear.

Comment

actually, sri=low end, cai=top end. at least thats the way its been for me and Ive had both on many cars.

sri will not harm the engine. remember, when you are driving, air enters the engine, cool air.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Actually its the other way around...SRI top end and CAI mid.

The New-ish Ride
              My old Ride
              Hear my Vtak!!!
              MK3 Member #3
              I piss off people for fun.
              IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Good idea about the tubing to the SRI thx :P

Comment

Long distances? Highway speeds or stop and go? Highway speeds you gunna get plenty of cool air in the engine bay. Stop and go or traffic jam situations might pose a problem with SRI, not a huge problem, no more than living in Tucson AZ in the middle of summer would. (i live in Alaska SRI is CAI 9 months of the year lol)

But Ive had both CAI and SRI on my 90 accords and its realy hard to notice much of a change with the CAI and my big cat back exhaust cuz what i lose from the big exhaust on the low end is made up by the CAI(hard to realy feel) but slap a SRI on with my catback and all the sudden its a new animal around 5500 RPM. I end up living with the low end loss but 95.72% of the time im snailing around town warshiping the god of gas saving so i dont notice.

But when i get on the highway and need to get up to 65 real quick its there.

Im also sporting a pair of auto trans on both my cars that might be a factor.
                  I cant Slam further. The ground refuses to get any lower.

Comment

Working...
                  X