Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Help man its too hott!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help man its too hott!

I just did a R134 conversion 2 my a.c. and its still blows stupid ass hot air, how the hell do I fix it without going 2 the expensive ass mechanics..

"Cocaine's a hellava drug"

ARE YOU SURE THE SETTINGS ARE ON COLD AND NOT HOT?? LOL. sorry. just a joke.

did you put in the right amount of r134. if you can can get a pressure kit and test to see if you pressure is at the right amount. if it isnt. test again a few minutes later to see if you have a leak.
    CHECK MY CARDOMAIN HERE!!! FROM WHEN I 1ST GOT HER TO NOW!!!
    MY CARDOMAIN!!!!!

MYSPACE!!

1991 Honda Accord Ex
    Engine:

F22a, bullfrog ecu, short ram intake, revolution exhaust

Exterior:
    17'' Eagle Alloys
    6'' Grand Touring Wing
    Custom Paint (my own mix at paint shop and gray part on hood is now black)

Interior:
    Pretty much all stock.

Comment

where most likely would there b a leak in the cb systems?

Comment

if you converted it from r12 then check all ur gaskets and connections that you change out. you might have tightened on to tight and it sort of warped it out of place. pretty much thats where i would start myself before takin it to a mechanic. my brothers are both certified in refigeration and and one is a mechanic in the air force so that kinda a helps me. in matter of fact my air force brother is in orlando gettin certified to work on honda motors. well v-6 that is. anyway so yeah. check all ur connections first.
        CHECK MY CARDOMAIN HERE!!! FROM WHEN I 1ST GOT HER TO NOW!!!
        MY CARDOMAIN!!!!!

MYSPACE!!

1991 Honda Accord Ex
        Engine:

F22a, bullfrog ecu, short ram intake, revolution exhaust

Exterior:
        17'' Eagle Alloys
        6'' Grand Touring Wing
        Custom Paint (my own mix at paint shop and gray part on hood is now black)

Interior:
        Pretty much all stock.

Comment

Originally posted by Nikee110736
          where most likely would there b a leak in the cb systems?
          o rings

Comment

There is also a kit they sell with freon with a dye in it that you use a florescent light to see where it is leaking from. If your car had no r12 in it to begin with you have a leak somewhere. R12 cools better than R134a and nobody switches over from R12 just to do it.

Comment

Yeah its definitely a leak

Comment

First make sure your compressor is working. Air will blow beacause of your blower motor is on. Second check to see how much freon is needed. I believe if your car requires 2lbs r-12 it will need 3.5lbs of 134a (note these figures are not exact it has been 4 years since I have done this). Third Once you have your figures right go to Walmart or an auto part store. They will have a big can of 134a which also has leak sealer, o ring lube and oil for the compressor. Your system will have leaked some oil as well. Fill it up and if done properly you will have cold air. If you have a small leak the sealer should work. If not hopefully it is slow and you just add a can of freon once every few months or a summer.

Hopefully this helps (I am not a mechanic but like you did not want to spend alot of money. This worked on my car for 4 years till the tranny and motor died good old chevy lasted 255,000 miles.) Please becareful if your not sure ask questions.

Comment

The compressor is the black cylinder looking thing in the back right? Also I believe its working because my idle changes when I turn on my hot ass a.c. is the o ring in the compressor? does ne1 have a schematic of the cooling system for me?

Comment

Where ever you see a coupler on the system there is an O-Ring in there. Check your fittings see if they are leaking from there. You should hear your compressor *click* when it turns on. It will do that constantly. Who did your conversion? Did you take out the R12 that was in the system? You need to vacuum it out before anything else.

The New-ish Ride
                    My old Ride
                    Hear my Vtak!!!
                    MK3 Member #3
                    I piss off people for fun.
                    IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

yea I killed the ozone layre when I did it. I installed it myself I even watched the *** ass video that came with it along with the written instructions..btw, where would the coupler fittings b located?

Comment

Prob still got some r12 oil in there. r134+r12 oil = no no.

The New-ish Ride
                        My old Ride
                        Hear my Vtak!!!
                        MK3 Member #3
                        IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

how the hell do I get it out?

Comment

You need a machine to pull a vacuum on it to get it out. Thats why I asked if you vacuumed it out.

The New-ish Ride
                            My old Ride
                            Hear my Vtak!!!
                            MK3 Member #3
                            IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

where would I get that from cause i need cold air asap, summer heat is a pain in the ass
                              Last edited by Nikee110736; 06-20-2006, 11:03 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X