Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

H23???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

H23???

Hey everybody I am posting this question in the beginners thread becuase I'm not sure how dumb of a question it is...but anywayz......I am going to do a H23 swap here in a couple of months and I have been doing some reseach and people say that the F22b DOHC is pretty much equal to the H23....now my question is...If I were to go with the F22b DOHC would all parts from the H23 bolt up, like.....Intake mani, exhaust mani, tranny, fly wheel, clutch, I want to be able to find parts for my motor....that kind of stuff...I'm just trying to get the best deal....I'm not even sure what the f22b DOHC came out of.....I really would like the H22...but money is too tight for that so.....I think the H23 would fit me well! Thanks for your help guyz!!!!
    5th Gen. Lude Team I <3 JDM

F22B DOHC came out of the JDM prelude. Anyway yea you should be able to bolt it up. Id ont see why not if you can bolt an h23 IM to an F22a I dont see why not. But I think the timing belt is different though. your supposed to use another not an h23 cuz I think its too big? I could be wrong on that part though. BTW IMO boost it screw the bolt ons.

The New-ish Ride
    My old Ride
    Hear my Vtak!!!
    MK3 Member #3
    I piss off people for fun.
    IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Didn't the usdm 92-96 preludes non vtec come with the f22b?.
      Project EP hatch on the way

Comment

Originally posted by GREENCB3
        Didn't the usdm 92-96 preludes non vtec come with the f22b?.
        no, that would be the H23A1.

Originally posted by 91accord1
        ....I am going to do a H23 swap here in a couple of months and I have been doing some reseach and people say that the F22b DOHC is pretty much equal to the H23....now my question is...If I were to go with the F22b DOHC would all parts from the H23 bolt up, like.....Intake mani, exhaust mani, tranny, fly wheel, clutch, I want to be able to find parts for my motor....that kind of stuff...I'm just trying to get the best deal....I'm not even sure what the f22b DOHC came out of.....I really would like the H22...but money is too tight for that so.....I think the H23 would fit me well! Thanks for your help guyz!!!!
        all the parts you listed above are interchangable, yes. all those parts from your F22 would also match.

dont worry about availability of parts for the F22B...because you dont need strictly F22B parts. tons of threads on here like the one below with every single question you could think of pertaining to that engine.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...2b+timing+belt
        Last edited by k-mart; 06-26-2006, 09:34 PM.

Comment

yess good thing i found this thread i also want to get and f22 DOHC or an H23 which one is cheaper are they both the same price? i think its harder to find the f22 right

hey 91accord where are you getting your engine from? Hmotorsonline? or somewhere else
          ________
          Hotels in mexico
          Last edited by Davids92Accord; 04-09-2011, 02:47 AM.

CLICK ON SIG FOR MEMBERS RIDE
          "2SIIC"
          Authentic Jerseys for sale
          http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=188314

Comment

Originally posted by Davids92Accord
            yess good thing i found this thread i also want to get and f22 DOHC or an H23 which one is cheaper are they both the same price? i think its harder to find the f22 right

hey 91accord where are you getting your engine from? Hmotorsonline? or somewhere else
            heck no, go with the f22b. its not that hard to find, and its a JDM motor. it probably has much fewer miles than a USDM h23. less miles=better for turbo.

Comment

hey mondo i read somwhere that if your going to replace the timing belt that you have to use a type r's belt is that true or did i just read wrong
              ________
              Creampie xxx
              Last edited by Davids92Accord; 04-09-2011, 02:49 AM.

"2SIIC"

Comment

itr or gsr belts fit perfect.

if you use an h23 belt on the f22b, it may be a lil loose.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

oh ok i guess im gonna have to go with the f22 dohc oh i can still use the H23 tranny right ?
                  ________
                  Vaporizer Affiliates

"2SIIC"

Comment

you can use any h or f series tranny with any h or f series clutch.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

alright koo cause before i get the engine im gonna do the 5 speed swap and i just wanted to make sure that it fits thanks D112crzy
                      ________
                      Pov Hardcore

"2SIIC"

Comment

Working...
                      X