Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Still vibrating....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Still vibrating....

Ok guys, been a while since I posted, but I 've had other problems to deal with. Got this 93 ex coupe and the idle is still rough while in gear, but stopped. In park its fine, while at speed or with ANY throttle, its fine, come to a stop at a light or sign, and my hands go numb because of the vibration in the steering wheel. The seat doesn't vibrate, I cant feel it on the radio or even on the shifter (auto tranny).

Now, in past responses, I've been told to check for vaccum leaks (cant find or hear any), the IACV (cleaned, no change), the FITV (cleaned and inspected) and engine mounts.

I have looked at engine mounts, but don't really know what I'm looking for. Can somebody help me out? I don't know if I'm supposed take them out to inspect them (how do I do that, esp the rear one ), am I looking for loose bolts/nuts or what?

Thanks again.
    It's not called being paranoid, it's called being prepared."

Looking for cond...are they rusted to shit? Do they look torn? Cracking? Stuff like that...i read somewhere that you can use a prybar and gently rock the motor back and forth to see if they are loose or fuxed up but ive never done that.

Comment

if its only when you come to stop, then i recommend you check you brakes man. That would cause the vibration in the steering wheel.
      1)92 Accord lx - I/E w/ valves, springs and retainers. H22 bored to h23 not goin in this summer.--Totaled
      2)92 Accord Ex - I/E and loving the sound.
      3)89 Integra Lx - loving the new old-school.

ITS NOT HOW MUCH HORSEPOWER YOU HAVE, ITS HOW MUCH POWER YOUR HORSES CAN MAKE
      Now serving the Red, White and Blue under the U.S.A.F
      Now Working at.......Dyess AFB

Comment

Working...
      X