Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Possible to reach 13's with h22 automatic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Possible to reach 13's with h22 automatic

I'm savin to swap in an h22 into my car with an LSD automatic tranny and I wanted to know if it is possible to get it into the 13's and even 12's, I've looked online too to see if they have h22 auto transmission performance products but I can't find anything, so now I'm asking for your guy's oppinions.

"Mind Over Matter, If I Don't Mind, It Doesn't Matter"

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2049267

I wouldnt doubt 13's but its gonna take a while.

The New-ish Ride
    My old Ride
    Hear my Vtak!!!
    MK3 Member #3
    I piss off people for fun.
    IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

I have a better idea swap it over to a 5speed and the results will be a bit better but 5speed swap it and lsd it then throw some nitrous on it with some drag radials youll see 13's

Comment

Originally posted by h22sparkle
        I have a better idea swap it over to a 5speed and the results will be a bit better but 5speed swap it and lsd it then throw some nitrous on it with some drag radials youll see 13's
        i completely respect this opinion sparkle, and i agree, but that's not what he asked and that does nothing to help him.

to answer the question, yes its possible, but its going to be a lot of work, and that tranny is going to have to be built up to be just a wee bit sturdy. you will need to beef up the internals if you expect it to last any real amount of time. honda is not renowned for its auto trannies.

Comment

Thanks for all of your input guys! So would it be cheaper to just swap to a 5 speed then instead of waste the money to beef up the automatic tranny and much more rewarding for the price?
          Last edited by Tman6925; 06-12-2006, 11:55 PM.

Comment

^^^^^ yes

Piss and moan again and you'll have time out in the corner Susan.

Comment

5 speed is the easiest way to go... though the swap can be a pain. If you haven't yet swapped in the H22, it'll be MUCH easier to convert the transmission while the motor is out (hard lines along the firewall and such...).\

However, if you want to stay automatic, there are options there too. Level10 is a company that sepcializes in beefing up automatic transmissions. You might want to check them out. It's certainly not cheap, but to have a fast built automatic is something very few CB7tuners have done (if any... I don't know of anyone that has done it).

Comment

Not sure how this will pertain to you but, there was a guy on 6thgenaccord.com that drove a 99 accord coupe with the F23 motor in it, his mods were, pullies, MSD ignition, i/h/e, level ten torque converter $400, and 75 shot of nitrous. He broke 14.2's all day long, and thats with SOHC vtec, with the stock "non aggressive" cam. You will be running a H22 auto, which is a whole different ball game, better cams by far, "Real" vtec, and a Ecu programmed for power, not just fuel effeciency. So, could you break 13's with moderate tunning and some good ole n2o, i think so

Pull that bioytch to 7k

Comment

Man thanks for all your input guys sounds like there might be hope, I would love to have a fast auto cb7 I think that would be awesome, I'll look into that Level10 company and see what they got

Comment

The best thing about those Level 10 convertors is that you have instant lock up from the start, which makes you "slightly" quicker than a standard tranny. Plus every shift just slams into gear. So with a torquey 2.2 it will chirp second and maybe third. Worth every penny of that $400. Once my G23-non vtec frank is finished (1 month..Woot), that converter could help me out a lot, 97mm stroke = torque monster.......lol. Good luck dude

Pull that bioytch to 7k

Comment

Thanks so much

Comment

Level ten is what i put in my car and it does chirp 3rd, it freaks people out when you run them

Comment

92accordEx, arent you the guy who is running a built f22, motor, with n20. I heard that thing was pretty fast. How much was it to get your converter worked by level 10, total. Cause I may just go ahead and get one now, for I will want to get all the torque out my f23/h23 hybrid.

Pull that bioytch to 7k

Comment

this thread helped me alot. thanks dudes

Comment

i just skeeted in my pants from those retros.

random sorry.

-My Baby-

Comment

Working...
                              X