Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

when turning around corners it sounds like sqeaking sound ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

when turning around corners it sounds like sqeaking sound ?

1992 accord lx , when turning around corners it has like a sqeaking sounds, then it stops when i go straight ?

this sqeaking sound only occurs turn around corners ?

what could this be ? it was recently certified ?

how loud is it? it could be just your power steering..
    "Saving The World, One Smile At A Time"

Comment

your cv joint is probably going out it's about 70$ part get it done it's a $100-120 repair at a shop. if you don't it'll turn into a whole axel (found that out the hard way)
      My 91 Accord F22B DOHC MR

My 1996 Civic Ex H23A VTEC MR

Comment

it is probably your springs. when you turn they would make a noise if there going bad. a cv shaft when going bad would make a (click,click,click,click) noise. not a sqeaking noise.
        Last edited by honda83; 06-11-2006, 12:43 AM.

Comment

Axle would equal clicking and a rubbing sort of noise going straight if the inner boot is ripped. Second power steering moans doesnt squeak. Can you diagnose if the sound is coming from the front or back? Im gonna say its from the front because you say after you go straight it dissappears. Id jack up the car and look around see what it is. Are you on the brake when your turning?

The New-ish Ride
          My old Ride
          Hear my Vtak!!!
          MK3 Member #3
          I piss off people for fun.
          IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

you seems to be right honda83 !

I think it could be. it is definetly not doing click-click-click sound NO.
            It is more squeeking noise... to come to think of itnot when braking, just aroung corners?

One shock has been replaced the other is still old and rusty.

i go the car recently certified by somelse, who assured me it was okay.
            I spotted it, i didn;t like it, i wish both had been replaced.

I guess it is the old shock the cause of this and not a cv joint?
            Last edited by 86accordlx; 06-10-2006, 10:39 PM.

Comment

Wait you went to a shop to get certified and they only replaced one of the shocks knowing that the other one is rusty and old? What state are you in?
              "Saving The World, One Smile At A Time"

Comment

canada ontario

Is honda83 right? Is it the rusted shock the cause of the noise ? iknown it has a new shock on one side, the other original. Is it true if i change the shock it will go away? at what cost ?

how could it make such a noise ? shocks ? like squeaking noise not clicking ?
                Last edited by 86accordlx; 06-10-2006, 11:44 PM.

Comment

no no no . we dont have Shocks. we have Struts. and springs. when a Strut is dead and gone it will not make any noise but a big BOOM!! when hiting a Pot hole. a Springs will make a loud ass noise . like a eeeeeeeeeeeee kind of noise lol. sometimes geting really loud. and a Cv shaft will make a Click click click noise. if u want to keep going.. a tie rod will just make your wheel shake like hell lol ok.. but u get my point now.

My cuz has a 92 accord with the same problem. a very loud GRRRRRR noise and also my friend down the street with the same problem. there the front springs. espically in Cold and Winter Places when the springs go thru different weathers. it happens alot. the springs get all old and weak.... go with the springs my man..
                  Last edited by honda83; 06-11-2006, 12:48 AM.

Comment

thanks bud, i'll change them...

i am mad that the original owner didn't change them both at same time.

thanks once again for feeback.

the best advice you do have.

Comment

my front end was letting out a terrible metal-on metal creaking sound when turning the wheel (even when stopped) and when going over bumps. I replaced the outer tie rods and greased the worn-out lower ball joints and it went away. The grease in my lower joints was dry and chunky, they still need to be replaced to get my handling right, but the sound is gone. My axles and shocks are both brand new and my brake rotor dust shield was not hitting the rotor, so those were ruled out. I just hit 200,000 miles, so I plan on renewing all the wear parts with MOOG and performance parts.

The H22 Sleeper Sedan, updated 8/14
                      After 4 months down...It's back! and tucked.
                      Need a Swap or some work done in the DC/MD/VA/WV area?
                      PM me and get it done right!

Comment

just keep us updated ..

Comment

well make sure there is nothing laying under the hood...reason i say that is mine was making a horrible damn sqeeking noise. i haven't done anything with the car in the last 2 months no need to pop the hood but went to change the oil today and found a clap from oem airbox and screwdriver that i had left laying on top of the strut tower. that was causing the hood to sit funny and make the squeak from the hood flexing when turning or hitting bumps in the road.

Comment

Worn alternator bearing?

I found a small bit of info from consumer guide automotive, it says that two of the trouble spots on 90-93 honda accords are this :

A squealing noise from under the hood is likely to be caused by a worn alternator bearing, and it may have failed because the belt tension was too great. (1990-93)
                            It also said this:

Steering noise: If there is a squeak or squeal in the steering, especially when making a slow, tight turn, look for a label on the power steering reservoir that says PSF-V additive was added. If the noise is still there after additive was installed, the right-side end seal on the steering rack will have to be replaced. (1990-93)

This could be of help

H22 Fund Cancelled. Flight training underway.

Comment

Working...
                            X