Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Auto chipping info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Auto chipping info

Well apparently the thread that discussed this has disappeared. But anyway for those that might be interested. Thanks to 'starchland' providing info; the ecu that 'wills_accord' used in his setup has the '1720' circuit board which was different from what I used that didn't work (I had the '11F0' P06). So there is a slight possibility that this circuit board would work out of the box.

i have also heard talk of the 11f0 auto ecus not working when chipped...

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
    - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
    - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
    Current cars:
    - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
    - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

so which ecu dosent work, chipped, the 1720 or the 11F0. Iam completing a g23 (f23/h23) hybrid swap in a few weeks and iam currently setting up a 1720 P06 auto ecu and a jdm h22 tcu for my car. I need to know

Pull that bioytch to 7k

Comment

i just realized that only the mods can see that...i even posted in that thread today lol. The thread starter is on a mass ignore list for bad behavior so thats why you can't see it...cause he started the thread.

I replied this tho today:
        Bird333 i just read that you had the 11F0 circuit board when you tried out the p06. Some of, not all of, the 11F0 boards that are automatic need to have IC13 desoldered and taken out. Or else there will be a solid CEL. I don't remember exactly why but i remember it was a different type of high switching transistor than the others from IC14 and IC15. I've only ever encountered the problem once but you may have had the luck to run into the same problem. Just some info to help you troubleshoot. I didn't realize it until you mentioned it. So if you did have a p06 with a 11F0 board and IC13 had a 5 pin high switching transistor this could definately have played a part on how the ecu ran your auto because it controlled something in the ecu regarding the auto transmission. I don't remember how it effected it because it was almost a year ago but i do remember a solid CEL i couldn't get rid of until i desoldered it.
        Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

Originally posted by Egi7
          so which ecu dosent work, chipped, the 1720 or the 11F0. Iam completing a g23 (f23/h23) hybrid swap in a few weeks and iam currently setting up a 1720 P06 auto ecu and a jdm h22 tcu for my car. I need to know

Well, the jury is still out on this. My 11F0 didn't work properly. I guess the only way is to test things out. I don't know about you, but I would like to have a working solution that didn't rely on using one particular version of software.

Comment

Ive heard that the auto's can only use the 1.66 version of uberdata, which sucks because 1.7 has datalogging, but i guess something is better than nothing. Mine may be a real task iam converting from obd2b to obd1 with the boomsleg auto conversion harness using the p06 and a jdm accord SiR tcu.

Pull that bioytch to 7k

Comment

ubers datalogging was never that great. ECUcontrol is better and also what i use for my customers. Even has digital autometer phantom gauges.

ecucontrol.com
              Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

Question for those that successfully used a P06 in an auto. Did any of you have a flashing 'S' (sports mode) light (for '90-'91 Accords)? Apparently in those cars the 'S' light would flash if there was a tranny problem instead of 'D4'.
                Last edited by Bird333; 06-09-2006, 03:11 PM.

Comment

neither of the two autos iv done had any flashing lights, or CELs

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

Originally posted by Egi7
                    Ive heard that the auto's can only use the 1.66 version of uberdata, which sucks because 1.7 has datalogging, but i guess something is better than nothing. Mine may be a real task iam converting from obd2b to obd1 with the boomsleg auto conversion harness using the p06 and a jdm accord SiR tcu.
                    Did you tell Boomslang all the parts you were using so they could customize your harness? I am paranoid, I would trace out each wire anyway.

Comment

I told Boomsleg that I was using a auto p06 ecu and a jdm H22 tcu on a obd2b vehicle. They told me its not a problem, took about a week or so to send me the harness, looks pretty nice. I havent tried it out yet, iam waiting on a basemap from MRX and my H23 exhust headers. Iam too scared to attempt to wire an auto obd conversion myself....lol

Pull that bioytch to 7k

Comment

Working...
                      X