Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

New Polyurethane bushing sqeeks....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Polyurethane bushing sqeeks....

Hi there.

I have just replaced my front suspension bushings with some "Energy" polyurethane ones. But they sqeek like hell in the right side of the car when I drive over speed bumps...

I think its the top ones from the upper control arm. I used a common grease when I put them on the car.

Do you guys use any special sort of lubrication to prevent the sqeek??

A picture of the bushings before they were installed....

JRJ
    Last edited by JRJ; 06-05-2006, 03:29 AM.
    Do not underestimate the power af a CB7!!

Anyone...???

Comment

wd-40 is your friend, trust me.

Comment

they should have came with their own grease that you use so they won't squeak

other than that, i think white lithium grease should also work
        Members Ride

Comment

wd40 isnt the best, any marine grease or blue marine grease will do, others arent as water proff as you may think

i think what you have to do is actually take the bushing out of the sleeve and lubricate it in there. thats what i had to do on my rear control arm camber kit. it went away, spraying shit around it didnt work.

so if u want put the bushing in a vice andpress it out, then lubricate and then put it back in.
          What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

Originally posted by accordztech
            wd40 isnt the best, any marine grease or blue marine grease will do, others arent as water proff as you may think

i think what you have to do is actually take the bushing out of the sleeve and lubricate it in there. thats what i had to do on my rear control arm camber kit. it went away, spraying shit around it didnt work.

so if u want put the bushing in a vice andpress it out, then lubricate and then put it back in.
            Ehm.... The bushings doesn´s move in the sleeve at all. They are rubbing against the side on the upper control arm. Thats the problem.

To make a long story short : I replaced the bushings in the left side by my self. And here I used the grease that come with the bushings.
            The right side was replaced by a local workshop. And they didn´t use the special grease.

My problem is that I´m out of that special grease and I have tried some different other lubricants on spraycans and that just made them squeek even more.....
            So I just wanted to hear if I had to use a special grease.

WD40 isn´t good enough. Just one rainy day and its gone... So I will just try to use a normal grease and see what happens.

Thanks guys.

Comment

I would eaither use the white lithium grease or a marine grease both will fix your issues. never use a spray oil.

Comment

the special grease: Formula 5 Prelube

Originally posted by JRJ

My problem is that I´m out of that special grease and I have tried some different other lubricants on spraycans and that just made them squeek even more.....
                So I just wanted to hear if I had to use a special grease.

Thanks guys.
                Energy Suspension calls the special grease "Formula 5 Prelube", and you can order it from them in the very small tubes or a small plastic container similar in size to a 35mm film container. The Energy Suspension website link for the special grease is:
                http://www.energysuspension.com/pages/univ1.html

Good luck!

Comment

make sure the control arm to anchor bolts arent too tight, and lok tite them if need be. i would try a good lithium grease on there. btw what bushings did you replace, just the uca ones, cause the other 4 cylinder looking ones look unfamiliar to me

"You've done more threatening prescription drugs..."
                  "the character of a man can be judged by how he takes his criticism"
                  "Quoting yourself is like, masturbation" -Starchland

Comment

i have the exact same problem and i even greased them. I have a silicone spray and am gonna be using it when I do the rotor over hub conversion. By the way those other bushings are for the lower control arms for the front and back (where the shock bolts up).

...adjust accordingly

Comment

Graphite

Comment

Originally posted by starchland
                        make sure the control arm to anchor bolts arent too tight, and lok tite them if need be. i would try a good lithium grease on there. btw what bushings did you replace, just the uca ones, cause the other 4 cylinder looking ones look unfamiliar to me
                        I replaced all of them in the front. I had a hole box full of bushings....
                        The cylinder ones are the standard bushings I pressed out....

Comment

Originally posted by puresin
                          I would eaither use the white lithium grease or a marine grease both will fix your issues. never use a spray oil.
                          i called energy suspension some time ago, they recomend any other grease like marine greaase cause it can withstand water. white lithium woiuld actually wash away easier.

maybe u can grind out the sides on the upper control arm.
                          What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

Working...
                          X