Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

h23

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

h23

alright im this close from getting a h23 that the head has been rebuild to spec from the factory. there problem is there block its a small knock but she wants 200 for the motor is it worth it

Get it. As long as the block isnt cracked you should be good. You should be able to diagnose the knocking and such. Is the engine apart or together? Im gonna assume its together because you can detect a knocking sound. But have you seen it and heard it run before?

The New-ish Ride
    My old Ride
    Hear my Vtak!!!
    MK3 Member #3
    I piss off people for fun.
    IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

naw its at our local shop and i never heard it run but the owner of the shop said just replace the rods and go but my buddie told me it could be the valve is bent which is a easy fix and the motor is together

Comment

thats even a good deal for just the head and u can mate that with the F series. but if u can find where the knock is coming from and fix it, thats even better.

Comment

Originally posted by 93accordexcoupe
          thats even a good deal for just the head and u can mate that with the F series. but if u can find where the knock is coming from and fix it, thats even better.
          so if i put the h head on my block will it put a very hard strain on my f bottom end

Comment

Originally posted by cb7538
            so if i put the h head on my block will it put a very hard strain on my f bottom end
            from what ive heard the bottom end can only handle 6800
            I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k
              is that on stock inters. or vuit

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k
                is that on stock inters. or built bottom

Comment

STock. The F22a internals werent made to spin up to 8k. It can with some modification.

The New-ish Ride
                  My old Ride
                  Hear my Vtak!!!
                  MK3 Member #3
                  I piss off people for fun.
                  IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

I would get it, for $200 right? dude it being that cheap more than justifies the amount of money you will spend to tune it. most guys spend 600-800 hundred on just the engine and then spend all th money to tune it.
                    If it's just a bent valve you can seriously repair it pretty cheap and then start tuning it how you want. I would do it, but then again, it's very easy for me to spend your money on here, lol. If you can't afford to don't go into crazy debt for it. good luck.
                    (RIP)1993 LX Sedan
                    Frost White Crew Member #36

JDM Beating Stick Owner #1
                    My (old) Ride

Comment

Working...
                    X