Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

engine has shreak sound when starts, then idles fine ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

engine has shreak sound when starts, then idles fine ?

Today the my 1992 accord lx, upon start up i heard shreak sound and then it idles fine ?

how could i get rid of the shreak sound on start up , what could it be ?

if i reset ecu would that works ? or what could this be ?

Does it sounds like the belts?
    1991 Cb7 Coupe 5 Speed--SOLD
    2002 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V-- SOLD
    1994 Acura Legend GS
    Car Pics

Comment

i don't believe it's the belts, unless it would only happen for second and go away..... sound like something else ?

any other idea ? what could cause a shreak sound on start up ?

Comment

Gonna have to get a liiiiiiiitle more specific with this 'shreak' sound.

with the explanation of it above, my guess would be that there was a mouse in the belts.

Comment

i say ur belt

Comment

okay, sound like you may have a solution for my problem.

when the key was turned over, a sound in the engine bay made a shreak sound, like distibutor, or something.

let me know this, have you heard of a belt squealing at time of start up and then goes away, wouldn't it sqeal continuously ??????

this sqeal is for a second....?

okay guys i am going to open the hood and try to locate where the noise is coming from... my girlfriend has the car, i don't have it in my possesion at moment.

thanks, i'll be back if any ??? i'll post a video clip with sound so you can hear it.

i'll back

Comment

Thats definitely an alternator belt issue .. no ?

A Hui Hou !!!
              Tomi

My CB9/Wagon Thread Start to Finish:
              http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ighlight=wagon

Comment

alternator belt ? yah it could be.. just for a split second it make the sound..

i guess it needs tightening ?

i'll take look at it, thanks guys

Comment

yeah, a belt would make a squealing JUST at startup... from the jerk of it kicking on and being too loose.

If it gets more and more loose, then it can squeal all the time aswell.

Comment

yea you probably just need to tighten the tension in your belts.

Comment

im gonna have to say its your alt belt also. had the same prob once. i figured that it may be because of the initial jerk of the motor turning over or you may have a weak battery and the alt. is going buck at first to charge the battery after start.

Comment

As everyone said its the belt. If it squeals then goes away tighten it and it should solve that problem. Especially if you put on new belts you need to retighten it after driving another 100 miles so it wont squeak.

The New-ish Ride
                        My old Ride
                        Hear my Vtak!!!
                        MK3 Member #3
                        I piss off people for fun.
                        IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

I'm going to say like others and say belt as the first , but as a second possiblity is a hanging starter, they can make a hellacious noise if they hang for a second on the flywheel after the car starts.

Comment

9 out of 10 its probaly your belts and porbaly your a/c belt check it out

Comment

I think it may be your belt.
                              -Jay

Comment

Working...
                              X