Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

What does the sport button do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What does the sport button do?

This might be a really stupid question, but what does the sport button do?

it makes the tranny shift at a higher rpm

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

exactly, it shifts at higher rpm allowing your engine to acheve higher rpms and a touch more power before shifting.... at a cost to your gas milage. helps the heavy thud felt in high milage auto transmissions by giving the motor a higher rpm to drop into in the next gear... might not extend the life of the tranny but feels better for some reason.
      I cant Slam further. The ground refuses to get any lower.

Comment

like everyone has said it makes it shift higher but it seems to me in my car that is doesnt help acceleration just because it seems that my torque drops off around 6k rpms, so its actually faster to shift at around 5k in my vehicle. prob just that my motor is old and needs a rebuild though.
        just my 2 cents

Comment

So you guys are saying that it's better to ride your cb7 wid sports shift than wid it off. Cuz I was bout to ask da same question of what does the sports shift button do cuz I've put it on n I did not feel any difference.
          ~3L BLaCkOuT~

Comment

my car is auto and it usually shifts around 3000rpm. Is that normal?

Comment

My dad had a 91 accord i believe...maybe an ex not sure but it had that sport button and i hated it(this was before i got into the scene) because when it would rain it would just kick in on its own so id have to bring it down to 1 and go back to d4 cuz it would stick or something..but if it worked and i had it on the SE that might be coo.....

Comment

Fucks up your tranny big time
                RICE COOKA!!

Comment

Originally posted by aznsyco84
                  well that would obviously depend on how hard you're giving it

www.aznkid.com

Comment

Originally posted by aznsyco84
                    mine seems to like shifting around 3k when I'm takin it easy around town. sometimes 2500, sometimes 3500. (90 lx auto... with sports button on, usually more like 4k to 4500, but again depends on how hard I'm pushing. sometimes it'll get over 5k)

Comment

Originally posted by nahmo
                      mine seems to like shifting around 3k when I'm takin it easy around town. sometimes 2500, sometimes 3500. (90 lx auto... with sports button on, usually more like 4k to 4500, but again depends on how hard I'm pushing. sometimes it'll get over 5k)
                      yea it is normal, if your only pushing pedal a little bit. getting over 5k isnt that much really with the sports button on mine gets to the 6.5k mark at WOT without sports and a bit higher with it on but like i said that doesnt really make me go much faster, especially in first because it seems like my torque drops and it just hangs at like 6.5k and doesnt accelerate super fast for the RPMs its turning

Comment

Originally posted by Ralphie
                        My dad had a 91 accord i believe...maybe an ex not sure but it had that sport button and i hated it(this was before i got into the scene) because when it would rain it would just kick in on its own so id have to bring it down to 1 and go back to d4 cuz it would stick or something..but if it worked and i had it on the SE that might be coo.....
                        when the sports lite goes on after it rains its your comp putting you in "limp" mode, my car does that ocassionally too and i have heard that is it is solder on the main relay that has come loose. im not sure if it is really what it is because mine doesnt happen enough for me to go out and replace things until it stops working, and if i just pull the battery so it resets the comps then it normally goes away

Comment

Originally posted by aznkid.com
                          well that would obviously depend on how hard you're giving it
                          that could so be mis-quoted..haha

Comment

Originally posted by mondojackal
                            that could so be mis-quoted..haha
                            haha lol

Comment

Working...
                            X